The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King

The Eyes of the Dragon (original 1987; edition 1987)

by Stephen King

6,449None595 (3.81)140
Member:SoftAir
Title:The Eyes of the Dragon
Authors:Stephen King
Info:Signet (1987), Edition: Reissue, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:*****

The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King (1987)

adventure (18) dark fantasy (22) dark tower (78) dragon (18) dragons (70) ebook (18) fairy tale (24) fairy tales (30) fantasy (893) fantasy fiction (16) fiction (574) first edition (21) hardcover (32) horror (370) King (51) magic (38) mystery (16) novel (64) own (31) owned (18) paperback (49) read (115) science fiction (27) sff (32) Stephen King (126) suspense (27) thriller (21) to-read (51) unread (41) wizards (29)
    Stardust by Neil Gaiman (Scottneumann)
    The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King (sturlington)
    sturlington: Very similar in tone.
    Faerie Tale by Raymond Feist (Scottneumann)
    The Thief of Always by Clive Barker (Scottneumann)
    The Gunslinger by Stephen King (ElBarto)
    ElBarto: Wer mit diesem Ausflug Stephen Kings in das Fantasy-Genre etwas anfangen konnte, sollte auch dem Zyklus um den Dunklen Turm eine Chance geben.
    Inkheart by Cornelia Funke (Booksloth)
    The Adventures of Jack Varty Smith, Book One - The Calling by R.S. Marlow (robertsmarlow)
    robertsmarlow: Classic story about good versus evil involving a mid-evil period of time including wizards and conflict.
    The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas père (keremix)

English (82)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  German (1)  All languages (86)
A very fun read. Not so much fantasy in the traditional sense, but more of a fairy tale. ( )
  sweetzombieducky | Feb 14, 2014 |
I could not put this book down until the very end. I was drawn in and lived every moment. ( )
  Dotta | Feb 13, 2014 |
King wrote this for his daughter and it has a mix of fairy tale and fantasy elements with a dark twist. Flagg is an evil magician in a Kingdom he is trying to manipulate into chaos. Peter, the elder brother is imprisoned for killing his father, putting his younger brother on the throne as a Flagg's puppet. I thoroughly enjoyed this. It was excellent on audio. ( )
  hoosgracie | Feb 3, 2014 |
The Eyes of The Dragon by Stephen King

I do not love Stephen King, as much of his work that I have attempted to read is simply too graphic for me nor I do not like that he makes children & animals the conduit for many of his stories. That being said I loved this fantasy tale of darkness & light, of good & evil. I have not read this book before yet the story seemed a familiar one to me.
This tale is about an evil magician who has lived for thousands of years & is bent on destroying the kingdom of Delain once again as he has many times in its history. Each time Delain has a worthy King or Queen, Flagg for that is the magician's name, would return and bring the kingdom to it's knees.
This story concerns the reader with Roland the good, the current King & his two sons: Peter, the very bright & engaging Prince who would be King and his younger brother Thomas who is not quite so bright, fears everything, is very needy & not nearly as sure of himself as is Peter.
Things are going too well within the kingdom of Delain to serve Flagg. They have a sound economy. The people are happy with their King & the Prince who will be King & with their lives in general. But Flagg needs a King he can easily manipulate in order to bring the kingdom to its knees. So he kills King Roland, sees that Prince Peter is blamed for the crime & sent to the tower. Now he has a very malleable King Thomas to work with.
This book is a page-turner & this reader could not put it down. I highly recommend it to those of you who are looking for an entertaining read & who enjoy a bit (or a lot) of surrealism or magic realism. ( )
2 vote rainpebble | Dec 30, 2013 |
this was my first stephen king book. given to me by my english teacher in 5th grade! i have no memory of this story and i should probably read it again, i just remember there being something mildly adult mentioned at some point and my teacher telling me that i needed to act like a mature person or she would take it away from me lol! ( )
  nimil | Dec 8, 2013 |

King, Stephenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Tamminen, TapioTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This story is for my great friend Ben Straub, and for my daughter, Naomi King.
Once, in a kingdom called Delain, there was a King with two sons.
Perhaps it was luck that saved him, or fate, or those gods he prayed to; I'll not take a stand on the matter.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0451166582, Mass Market Paperback)

A kingdom is in turmoil as the old king dies and his successor must do battle for the throne. Pitted against an evil wizard and a would-be rival, Prince Peter makes a daring escape and rallies the forces of Good to fight for what is rightfully his. This is a masterpiece of classic dragons-and-magic fantasy that only Stephen King could have written!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:48 -0400)

In the kingdom of Delain, a young prince must struggle against powerful forces to gain his rightful inheritance.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,416,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible