Girls Night In by Lauren Henderson

Girls Night In

by Lauren Henderson (Editor), Chris Manby (Editor), Sarah Mlynowski (Editor)

As it turns out, I don't really like chick-lit. And, as this book is pretty much full of it, I don't really like this book. Off the shelf. Yay! ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
As usual with any collection of short stories, this is a mixed bag. However I found it a wonderful way to sample a selection of chick lit authors I had never read before. ( )
  readingrat | Jul 30, 2009 |
The second book of this collection of chick lit/romance writers was my introduction to the genre over a year ago. Back then, I had a very different appreciation of the works. I sold the book since, but I want it again to see whether my perspective has changed. I liked some of the stories in this collection, but most of them were shrugging 'meh'. Not bad, but not great either. Character-driven is hard when you only have 2-10 pages. ( )
  kikilon | Mar 31, 2009 |
This is another book that has wandered around with me. I'm not sure when it started in my bag, but it definitely went to Rome with me. Possibly also Terezin.

I have to agree with morsecode, the alien story was my favourite as well. Not surprising since I love Marian Keyes. I was somewhat surprised not to like some short stories by authors whose full length stories I enjoy (Jenny Colgan, Linda Curnyn and Sophie Kinsella, though I'm enjoying hers less of late).

This was a good fluff read, about what I hoped and expected, though I think the UK editions are slightly better quality. ( )
  skinglist | Jan 5, 2009 |
A collection of chick-lit short stories. Entertaining. ( )
  bibliophile26 | Sep 16, 2007 |

Henderson, LaurenEditorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Manby, ChrisEditormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Mlynowski, SarahEditormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Cabot, MegAuthorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

The USA Today bestselling collection from 21 of the hottest female writers around

In this must-have short-story anthology, Jennifer Weiner revisits one of her Good in Bed characters (and tells the story from, ahem, his point of view), Jill A. Davis (Girls' Poker Night) offers a darkly humorous take on starting over in New York and working with "the Elizabeths," Sarah Miynowski (Milkrun) tempts fate (and an on-again-off-again boyfriend) and Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez (The Dirty Girls Social Club) considers how different the words lady and woman are when paired with cat. Girls' Night In features stories about growing up, growing out of, moving out, moving on, falling apart and getting it all together. So turn off your cell phone and curl up on the couch; this is one Girls' Night In you won't want to miss.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:37 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,393,250 books! | Top bar: Always visible