Lightning by Dean Koontz

by Dean Koontz

Lightning by Dean Koontz
5 Stars

From The Book:
In the midst of a raging blizzard, lightning struck on the night Laura Shane was born. And a mysterious blond-haired stranger showed up just in time to save her from dying.

Years later, in the wake of another storm, Laura will be saved again. For someone is watching over her. Is he the guardian angel he seems? The devil in disguise? Or the master of a haunting destiny beyond all time and space?

My Views:
I love absolutely anything and everything that Dean Koontz writes so I was so excited when I got this as my Blind Date With A Book. I was dating an old friend as I had read this when it first came out in 2003 but 14 years can erase a lot from the old gray matter.

The first and second half of the book is almost like two different stories. The book has many facets. It's a time-travel book....it's a book about the first thirty years of Laura's life....It's about Stefan, her mysterious "guardian", who rescues her when her life is in danger.... and it's a love story.

Koontz's time traveler comes from a time and place you would never guess with an agenda all his own. The book provided an excellent read that is filled with lots of action, suspense, and truly fascinating and engaging characters. ( )
  Carol420 | May 16, 2017 |
I've always liked a story that plays with time, and what ifs. This story has interesting characters and shows the relationships over time. Dealing with pain, loss, and overcoming odds - the protagonist finds herself and grows stronger than she thought possible. Uplifting ending. ( )
  ElisabethZguta | Jan 23, 2017 |
My favorite Koontz book and I have read almost everything he has written. I love the character development in this story so much!
  scatlett | Nov 28, 2016 |
I read this because my husband is a huge Koontz fan, and I'm a huge Time-Travel fan. I admit it was an exciting and interesting read, fairly intelligent. I still do *not* like thriller stuff, nightmare stuff, like child predation. I don't expect to become a Koontz fan that's for sure - however if you already are, I'm sure that this is one you'll enjoy. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Absolutely one of my favorite books. German agent involved in time travel experiment forms a bond with an American girl and travels through time to save her from death several times. There is always a price to pay and she knows nothing of this until she is an adult.
  Gmomaj | Jun 3, 2016 |

Dean Koontzprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brautigam, DonCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The wailing of a newborn infant is mingled with the dirge for the dead. --Lucretius
I'm not afraid to die.  I just don't want to be there when it happens.  --Woody Allen
Roller coast: 1) a small gravity railroad...with steep inclines that produce sudden, speedy plunges for thrill-seeking passengers. --The Random House Dictionary
To Greg and Joan Benford.  Sometimes I think that you're the most interesting people we know.  Then I alwas take two aspirin and lie down.  But the thought persists.

A storm struck on the night Laura Shane was born, and there was a strangeness about the weather that people would remember for years. But even more mysterious was the blond-haired stranger who appeared out of nowhere - the man who saved Laura from a fatal delivery.

Years later - after another bolt of lightning - the stranger returned, again to save Laura from tragedy. Was he the guardian angel he seemed? The devil in disguise? Or the master of a haunting destiny beyond time and space?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425192032, Mass Market Paperback)

A bolt of lightning brings a blond-haired stranger into Laura Shane's life. But is he the guardian angel he seems? The devil in disguise? Or the master of a haunting destiny beyond time and space?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:31 -0400)

Laura Shane's guardian angel, a mysterious stranger whose presence is heralded by a flash of lightning, saves her from various calamities. When lightning strikes twice, terror starts. The third time is worse!

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,649,536 books! | Top bar: Always visible