Lightning by Dean Koontz

Lightning (original 1988; edition 1989)

by Dean Koontz

Member:Jenson_AKA_DL
Title:Lightning
Authors:Dean Koontz
Info:Berkley (1989), Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:1010, supernatural, aliens, suspense, owned, tbr

Lightning by Dean Koontz (1988)

Interesting thriller about time travel. First half of book was a bit tedious, long in set-up. Second half quickened the pace. ( )
  starkravingmad | Jun 27, 2015 |
I almost rated it 4 stars because it got really good at the end, but I disagree with many who seem to think this is his best work. The plot was very intriguing, but to me did not compare with his Odd Thomas series. The characters here, unlike with Odd Thomas, felt underdeveloped and often annoyed me. ( )
  KR_Patterson | Apr 28, 2015 |
I read this because my husband is a huge Koontz fan, and I'm a huge Time-Travel fan. I admit it was an exciting and interesting read, fairly intelligent. I still do *not* like thriller stuff, nightmare stuff, like child predation. I don't expect to become a Koontz fan that's for sure - however if you already are, I'm sure that this is one you'll enjoy. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
probably my favorite book ( )
  Norababora | Apr 6, 2015 |
probably my favorite book ( )
  Norababora | Apr 6, 2015 |

Dean Koontzprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brautigam, DonCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The wailing of a newborn infant is mingled with the dirge for the dead. --Lucretius
I'm not afraid to die.  I just don't want to be there when it happens.  --Woody Allen
Roller coast: 1) a small gravity railroad...with steep inclines that produce sudden, speedy plunges for thrill-seeking passengers. --The Random House Dictionary
To Greg and Joan Benford.  Sometimes I think that you're the most interesting people we know.  Then I alwas take two aspirin and lie down.  But the thought persists.

A storm struck on the night Laura Shane was born, and there was a strangeness about the weather that people would remember for years. But even more mysterious was the blond-haired stranger who appeared out of nowhere - the man who saved Laura from a fatal delivery.

Years later - after another bolt of lightning - the stranger returned, again to save Laura from tragedy. Was he the guardian angel he seemed? The devil in disguise? Or the master of a haunting destiny beyond time and space?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425192032, Mass Market Paperback)

A bolt of lightning brings a blond-haired stranger into Laura Shane's life. But is he the guardian angel he seems? The devil in disguise? Or the master of a haunting destiny beyond time and space?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:31 -0400)

Laura Shane's guardian angel, a mysterious stranger whose presence is heralded by a flash of lightning, saves her from various calamities. When lightning strikes twice, terror starts. The third time is worse!

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,897,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible