Lightning (edition 2010)

Title:Lightning
Authors:Dean Koontz
Info:Berkley Trade (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 400 pages

Lightning by Dean Koontz

Recently added byrena75, private library, jross1.concorde, BloodPriestess, Bestieboy666, AmandaGStevens

One of those books with a gorgeous cover and a really cool premise (time-traveling Nazis) that just fell flat for me in every way. Flat characters. Flat dialogue. Not what I hoped. But the premise still earns the book an overall 3 stars, because, well... Time travel. And Nazis. ( )
  AmandaGStevens | Mar 2, 2019 |
Read this over 25 years ago and it remains my favorite Dean Koontz book, read it again not too long back and it definitely remains strong all these years later. None of Koontz's current work can hold a candle to this poignant time travel tale of love and redemption... ( )
  booksandcats4ever | Jul 30, 2018 |
This was my first Koontz book. It was a good story line and had interesting characters, however, I just didn't connect with the story like I do with my favorite authors. It was good enough I'll probably try another book of his. ( )
  egrant5329 | Jan 20, 2018 |
5 Stars

From The Book:
In the midst of a raging blizzard, lightning struck on the night Laura Shane was born. And a mysterious blond-haired stranger showed up just in time to save her from dying.

Years later, in the wake of another storm, Laura will be saved again. For someone is watching over her. Is he the guardian angel he seems? The devil in disguise? Or the master of a haunting destiny beyond all time and space?

My Views:
I love absolutely anything and everything that Dean Koontz writes so I was so excited when I got this as my Blind Date With A Book. I was dating an old friend as I had read this when it first came out in 2003 but 14 years can erase a lot from the old gray matter.

The first and second half of the book is almost like two different stories. The book has many facets. It's a time-travel book....it's a book about the first thirty years of Laura's life....It's about Stefan, her mysterious "guardian", who rescues her when her life is in danger.... and it's a love story.

Koontz's time traveler comes from a time and place you would never guess with an agenda all his own. The book provided an excellent read that is filled with lots of action, suspense, and truly fascinating and engaging characters. ( )
  Carol420 | May 16, 2017 |
I've always liked a story that plays with time, and what ifs. This story has interesting characters and shows the relationships over time. Dealing with pain, loss, and overcoming odds - the protagonist finds herself and grows stronger than she thought possible. Uplifting ending. ( )
  ElisabethZguta | Jan 23, 2017 |

Dean Koontzprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brautigam, DonCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The wailing of a newborn infant is mingled with the dirge for the dead. --Lucretius
I'm not afraid to die.  I just don't want to be there when it happens.  --Woody Allen
Roller coast: 1) a small gravity railroad...with steep inclines that produce sudden, speedy plunges for thrill-seeking passengers. --The Random House Dictionary
To Greg and Joan Benford.  Sometimes I think that you're the most interesting people we know.  Then I alwas take two aspirin and lie down.  But the thought persists.

A storm struck on the night Laura Shane was born, and there was a strangeness about the weather that people would remember for years. But even more mysterious was the blond-haired stranger who appeared out of nowhere - the man who saved Laura from a fatal delivery.

Years later - after another bolt of lightning - the stranger returned, again to save Laura from tragedy. Was he the guardian angel he seemed? The devil in disguise? Or the master of a haunting destiny beyond time and space?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425192032, Mass Market Paperback)

A bolt of lightning brings a blond-haired stranger into Laura Shane's life. But is he the guardian angel he seems? The devil in disguise? Or the master of a haunting destiny beyond time and space?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:31 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,324,062 books! | Top bar: Always visible