Phantoms by Dean Koontz

Phantoms (original 1983; edition 2002)

by Dean Koontz

Member:nicole2222
Title:Phantoms
Authors:Dean Koontz
Info:Berkley (2002), Edition: Reissue, Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages

Phantoms by Dean Koontz (1983)

English (23)  French (1)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (26)
A little far-fetched. Didn't know whether it wanted to be a Satanic predicament or a biological catastrophe so it didn't really work as either. His characters are so predictable. A lot of his stuff is formulaic. ( )
  AliceAnna | Oct 22, 2014 |
This was one of my first Koontz books, and there is a reason I went on to read so many.

This book is so incredibly creepy, it was amazing. So good! ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |

This book is so incredibly creepy, it was amazing. So good! ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
The author created a book/novel about pure evil--horror. This one seems to drag a little, but held my interest through many details. Show me another weird Koontz book. ( )
  buffalogr | Feb 9, 2014 |
This is the best Dean Koontz book, and I believe it's his first, before his stuff under and alias, K.R. Dwyer. Actually, I believe there are many alias's. ( )
  ARBraun7 | Jul 20, 2013 |
Fear came upon me, and trembling.
The Book of Job, 4:14
The civilized human spirit ... cannot
get rid of a feeling of the uncanny.
Dr. Faustus, Thomas Mann
This book is dedicated to
the one who is always there,
the one who always cares,
the one who always understands,
the one like whom there is no other:

Gerda,

my wife and my best friend.
The scream was distant and brief.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0425181103, Mass Market Paperback)

The lights are on in Snowfield, California, a cozy ski village nestled in the Sierra Madres, but nobody seems to be home. When Dr. Jenny Paige returns to the small town, she finds tables set for dinner, meals being prepared, and music playing in living rooms, but there's no trace of the people who put the water on to boil or set an extra place for company at the dinner table. As she explores the town, Paige finds friends and neighbors felled by a mysterious force--the bodies show no visible signs of violence or disease, and no known plague kills victims before the ice in their dinner drinks has time to melt. But the deep quiet that surrounds her offers few clues about the fate of the town's inhabitants. Dean Koontz's Phantoms strikes fear in readers from the very beginning. The mystery deepens, paving the way for a chilling journey toward the truth. If you plan to catch the film version, starring Ben Affleck and Peter O'Toole, remember that you'll be experiencing this terrifying story in a dark theater. So bring an arm to grab!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:50 -0400)

When 300 residents of the little town of Snowfield, California, disappear and 150 others die suddenly, a doctor and a dedicated county sheriff, aided by government authorities and scientists, pursue the terrifying mystery.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,326,841 books! | Top bar: Always visible