SYBIL - The Classic True Story of a Woman…

SYBIL - The Classic True Story of a Woman Possessed by Sixteen… (original 1973; edition 2009)

by FLORA RHETA SCHREIBER

This is the amazing story of a woman who lived with 16 different personalities. Here is the unbelievable yet true story of Sybil Dorsett, a survivor of terrible childhood abuse who as an adult was a victim of sudden and mysterious blackouts. What happened during those blackouts has made Sybil's experience one of the most famous psychological cases in the world.… (more)
Member:Chancelet
Title:SYBIL - The Classic True Story of a Woman Possessed by Sixteen Personalities
Authors:FLORA RHETA SCHREIBER
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2009), Paperback
Rating:*****

Sybil by Flora Rheta Schreiber (1973)

English (35)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  All languages (37)
Yes, I was a child when I read this book. It left quite an impression on me, and began my fascination with the human mind. ( )
  a1stitcher | Jun 22, 2019 |
I read this book many years ago, well before watching the movie. Last summer, I met the man who wrote the Screenplay for Sybil, and it changed the lens of how I see and appreciate the book completely. What was once a four-star review of this book has now dropped to a two directly from that experience. ( )
  bonnyadventures | Feb 3, 2019 |
A very interesting story, especially since it's such a controversial one. My mother was horrified that I was spending my Christmas break reading this. All she could think of was the movie starring Sally Field and the horrific child abuse scenes. I stayed up til 5am Christmas Eve (well, Christmas morning) finishing this book. If you've seen the movie, you definitely need to read the book. My only problem with the book is that Sybil's healing process was vague. ( )
  bookishblond | Oct 24, 2018 |
Disturbingly interesting.

Based on a true story about a women who suffered for Multiple Personality Disorder.

Book describes how complexed this psychological disorder can be.

Sixteen personalities including two, belonging to boys.

A little confusing in parts as you try to keep track how is how and what's happening.

It took a week to read this book.

Allow yourself time to contemplate as you read. ( )
  KarinaKantas | Apr 20, 2018 |
I loved this book, but I'm still not sure if I believe that a multiple personality disorder exists. It seems too easy to fake. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
Each crash of glass made her head throb.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,110,762 books! | Top bar: Always visible