Chicken Soup for the Sister's Soul by Mark…

This book is very intreging. It was interesting to see how different relationships go in and out over years, people have similar situations but different ways of going about them in life and I found that very cool. I have liked other chicken soup for the Souls before but this one just had so much love and passion within it. I also found it very easy to connect to. To feel what the people are going through was very easy. I also hope that me and my sister have relationships like these in years to come.

--Quinn S♥ ( )
  okmliteracy8 | Feb 3, 2009 |

Mark Victor Hansenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Canfield, Jackmain authorall editionsconfirmed
McNamara, Heathermain authorall editionsconfirmed
McNamara, Katymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Mitchell, Nancymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Mitchell, Pattymain authorall editionsconfirmed

This new Chicken Soup book offers a heartwarming and uplifting collection of stories that celebrate the lifelong bond of sisterhood.

Whether they share this special connection with someone through genetics or the heart, only a sister can understand the complex, deep and dynamic relationship they share with loved ones as they journey together through the stages of life.

For younger sisters who look up to an older one, older siblings who tolerate a younger sister tagging along, or the brother who knows full well that girls can wrestle as well as any boy can, this book celebrates the sisters in our lives. It conveys how sisters influence us during life's most defining moments: helping us face the schoolyard bully; providing wise counsel during our first crush and subsequent comfort after the breakup; and refusing to reveal intimate secrets to parents or friends.

With real-life stories from celebrities and everyday sisters-next-door, chapters include: On Love, Insights and Lessons, Sibling Rivalry, Overcoming Obstacles, The Bond Between Sisters, Sisters by Heart, On Family (Brothers, Too!), and Special Memories and Traditions.

While they may not live under the same roof, act in the same manner or even get along without an occasional spat, nothing creates a more special and lasting bond than sisterhood. Now there's a book to celebrate that bond.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:00 -0400)

"With ... stories by Delia Ephron, Marsha Arons, Ina Hughes, Cami McGovern, Gwen Macsai, and others."

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,238,950 books! | Top bar: Always visible