Cage of Stars by Jacquelyn Mitchard

Cage of Stars (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Jacquelyn Mitchard

Member:cat02886
Title:Cage of Stars
Authors:Jacquelyn Mitchard
Info:Warner Books (2006), Hardcover, 304 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:TBR

Cage of Stars by Jacquelyn Mitchard (2006)

English (44)  Dutch (1)  All languages (45)
It's very seldom that a book grabs me and has me in tears in the first couple chapters. Admittedly, I am a crier, and a lot of books get me by the end. But this one was highly emotional all the way through.

I am not a religious person, but I didn't find the Mormon aspect of Cage of Stars overwhelming. It's there, and the beliefs are part of the story, but the book's tone isn't preachy.

I really liked this book. I'll read more by this author. ( )
  SoubhiKiewiet | Mar 20, 2018 |
The story is very enjoyable to listen to on CD. The reader is very good. The book would be equally good in hard copy. As much as I enjoyed it, it wasn't 5-star material for me. Many nice details in the book, and the character of the Australian woman who rented a room to the main character was great. It was easy to picture the scenes. The psychological drama was excellent. The ending seemed both too coincidental and too happy-ever-after, but if you like that sort of ending, you'll enjoy the book. All kinds of things happen in real life, and this certainly could have happened. ( )
  Rascalstar | Jan 21, 2017 |
A girl witness her sisters being murdered. The murder was let go because of mental issues. She goes after him years later and becomes their Nana to their baby girl. The man attempts to kill himself. "There are no coincidences if something happens and we don't understand the reason that doesn't mean that there is no reason. It means that the reason will later be reviled. Likely not in this life." Listened to on audio Kathe Mazur - Good ( )
  Indygirl | Aug 5, 2016 |
Years after the murder of Veronica Swan's sisters', she sets out to avenge for her sisters' deaths. Once she closes in on the murderer, Scott Early, she will discover the truth behind the meaning of compassion and sin.
  MerrittGibsonLibrary | Jun 24, 2016 |
I love Jacquelyn Mitchard as a columnist. I really liked "The Deep End of the Ocean." This book was just very uncomfortable for me and I found it very odd. ( )
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
How many stars in your bowl?
How many shadows in your soul?
--D.H. Lawrence
"The Stars Stand Still"
For Jane Gelfman
When I set out to find the killer Scott Early, I didn't realize I was a foolish kid trying to stand in the great shoes of God.
the red thread - A Chinese legend that means if two people are meant to meet in life, they're born connected by an invisible red thread. And no matter where they're born or how far apart they live, eventally they'll meet, because they're already connected.

12-year-old Veronica Swan's idyllic life in a close-knit Mormon community is shattered when her two younger sisters are brutally murdered. Although her parents find the strength to forgive the deranged killer, Scott Early, Veronica cannot do the same. Years later, she sets out alone to avenge her sisters' deaths, dropping her identity and severing ties in the process. As she closes in on Early, Veronica will discover the true meaning of sin and compassion, before she makes a decision that will change her and her family's lives forever.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:12 -0400)

Her Mormon community shattered by the murders of her two younger sisters, Veronica Swan severs ties with her family in her inability to forgive their killer, a decision that causes her to discover profound truths about sin and compassion.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,117,341 books! | Top bar: Always visible