Kiss Of Crimson by Lara Adrian

Kiss Of Crimson (edition 2007)

by Lara Adrian

Member:thebookbabe
Title:Kiss Of Crimson
Authors:Lara Adrian
Info:Dell (2007), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Read
Tags:Contemporary, Paranorma, Vampire, Midnight Breed, e-book

Kiss of Crimson by Lara Adrian

Paranormal Romance. Midnight Breed 2. Breed warrior Dante gets fixed up by Vet Tess and her breedmate woo-healing skills. OK.
  C4RO | Jun 2, 2015 |
This book was really hard to rate. I liked it much better than the first. Tess was a likeable heroine. Dante was just the right amount of troubled. Watching them fall in love was sweet and satisfying. Unfortunately something just felt lacking. I liked the characters just fine but don't feel I got to know them enough to really care about them. I'll keep reading because I'm dying to see how Rio gets his HEA while living in a cave.

Oh, and the Order really needs to beef up the security of this compound. Again a Breedmate easily flees their super secret compound only to get herself entangled with the enemy. ( )
  Akaria | May 13, 2015 |
The Characters

Dante

Tess Culver

The Story

I don’t have much to say. I really enjoyed the story (enough to breakout my headphones and listen while in my house). I’m glad Tess did not want Dante to give up being a warrior. I couldn’t see him living in a Dark Haven.

The Random Thoughts

The downside to listening to audiobooks while I drive is sometimes I have to zone out to concentrate on traffic. So I think I missed what is going on with Chase. Is he officially becoming a warrior? I hope so.

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Nov 23, 2014 |
Book Two in the Midnight Breed series continues the story that began so effectively in Kiss of Midnight. The warrior about to meet his destiny in this one is Dante, one of Lucan’s most trusted and closest friends among the Order. Dante, like all the warriors, is driven by his purpose. In a spectacular setting up of the book, Dante is almost killed and manages to find a place to take shelter. In a small animal clinic, he encounters Tess Culver, and life changes forever when he takes her vein to insure his survival.

I like Dante, he’s passionate and driven, loyal and a fierce fighter. He’s also haunted by visions of his death, and has spent most of his long life trying to outrun those visions. He’s drawn to Tess, who has her own kind of tortured past to overcome. I didn’t find this heroine as interesting or as sympathetic as Lucan’s Gabrielle from book one, but she does have her shining moments.

As the Order races to find a drug-dealer who’s created a designer drug called Crimson–a drug that prematurely turns the Breed vampires into Rogues. It doesn’t make the situation any easier when the identity of the dealer is revealed as Tess’s ex-boyfriend.

As with book one, this instalment sets up some intriguing glimpses into things to come, and gives another Warrior his mate. I can’t wait to start the next book!
  DenyseBridger | Jun 12, 2014 |
I really loved Dante's and Tess' story. I hope the other's stories are as good as theirs. I liked that Tess wasn't overly emotional, whiny, or just annoying. Dante was the typical alpha Breed Vampire but he had softer and somewhat sophisticated side, which he keeps hidden. The Breed Vampires need to just surrender to their need to find a mate and stop fighting it because of their woe is me shit.(Grin) Dante tried to fight his attraction and his need to have Tess in his life but of course to no avail.

Kiss of Crimson was as action packed, suspenseful, smexy, and a fun read as the first book and I can hardly wait to get my canines into the rest of the series. ( )
  chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553589385, Mass Market Paperback)

Book 2 in the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling Midnight Breed vampire romance series

He comes to her more dead than alive, a towering black-clad stranger riddled with bullets and rapidly losing blood. As she struggles to save him, veterinarian Tess Culver is unaware that the man calling himself Dante is no man at all, but one of the Breed, vampire warriors engaged in a desperate battle. In a single erotically charged moment Tess is plunged into his world--a shifting, shadowed place where bands of Rogue vampires stalk the night, cutting a swath of terror.

Haunted by visions of a dark future, Dante lives and fights like there is no tomorrow. Tess is a complication he does not need--but now, with his brethren under attack, he must shield Tess from a growing threat that includes Dante himself. For with one reckless, irresistible kiss, she has become an inextricable part of his underworld realm...and his touch awakens her to hidden gifts, desires, and hungers she never knew she possessed. Bonded by blood, Dante and Tess must work together to thwart deadly enemies, even as they discover a passion that transcends the boundaries of life itself....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:50 -0400)

Coming to the aid of a wounded stranger, veterinarian Tess Culver is unaware that the mysterious Dante is actually one of the Breed, vampire warriors engaged in a desperate battle against bands of Rogue vampires, or that by helping him, she has become enmeshed in his dangerous underworld realm.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,427,058 books! | Top bar: Always visible