Kiss Of Crimson by Lara Adrian

Kiss Of Crimson (edition 2007)

by Lara Adrian

Member:thebookbabe
Title:Kiss Of Crimson
Authors:Lara Adrian
Info:Dell (2007), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Read
Tags:Contemporary Romance, Paranorma, Vampire, Midnight Breed, e-book

Kiss of Crimson by Lara Adrian

Tess and Dante appear to come from two different worlds and also appear to not have much in common. It is not long before it’s revealed that these two have more in common than they realized. Dante comes to Tess one night when a mission goes bad quite out on what he assumes to be a normal bust on a Rogue and he finds himself needing Tess’s help.

Tess is a kind-hearted veterinarian who first meets Dante when he is laying on her floor in a puddle of blood. She is hesitant to help him but finds herself unable to say no. What happens against her better judgment, is something neither of them saw coming and fate steps in to lend a hand to two people who appear destined to together.

Through a series of events, they realize that what they both were looking for had been there all along. Will they allow love to unite them or will an unseen enemy tear them apart? I won’t give any secrets away so you’ll just have to pick it up from the nearest bookstore to find out
This book is number two in the Midnight Breed Series and it was just as page- turning as the first. Lara kept me into the story from the first page and found myself wanting to savor until the very last page. If you’re looking for a series full of love, adventure, vampires and fate, then you’ll love this book. The next book in the series is right at the top of my to be read list and I can hardly wait to see what Lara has up her sleeve for the story!
  Eire2011 | Mar 11, 2016 |
Summary

Dante, a member of the breed warriors, is out on a night of hunting rogues. Through a series of events, he ends up chasing a rogue, a rogue that is more dangerous than any he has encountered. Harder to kill, suffering from a bloodlust madness that even regular rogues don’t even suffer from. He ends up being shot and he comes across a veterinarian doctor, Tess, who he realizes after the fact of creating a bond to her, that she is a breedmate. Now she is his but only if he can protect her from the danger of his world. Tess has a talent and a heart for connecting with lost animals, and even though financially she is struggling she will do anything to help those in need. She is drawn to Dante, who is dangerous and makes her blood heat. She senses a connection between them, but there are so many secrets surrounding Dante. But when one of her two closest friends gets involved in some dangerous business with the rogues, with young Breeds turning rogue over the drug “Crimson” soon Tess will have to choose between a old friend and the man she is growing to love. Soon Dante and Tess will be thrown into the fire of danger, passion, and betrayal…

The Hero

Dante, is one of the Breed Warriors, and fights to protect both his kind and humans from the savagery of Rogues and their vicious appetites. What I found most intriguing about Dante was his fierce need to protect others. Dante doesn’t believe that he will ever be good enough to be lucky to have a mate of his own. He lives to fight and to kill the enemy. Dante’s gift is having visions of a future of death and fire…a death he knows will be his and soon. The same happened to his parents, and he knows he inherited his gift from them. Dante is on a mission, to find out the source of Crimson and destroy it. A dangerous drug that turns a breed into a rogue fast…faster than he has ever seen. Their enemy is at work against them once more. Dante is quite the hero in the story. I really loved his fighting spirit and how far he is willing to go to protect the innocent. I really admired Dante because of the way he wins over Tess.

“You would quit the Order for her? Niko asked, the youngest only behind Dante, and a warrior who relished his duty perhaps even more than Dante had himself.

I would quit breathing for her, if she asked it of me.”
It’s not a instant love, it’s more he takes his time for her, trying to gain her trust not only for information but also because he is connected to her in an emotional and physical way.

The Heroine

Tess Culver works as a Veterinarian. She connects with animals and they trust her instantly. Tess grew up in a home of a dysfunctional family, where drinking and abuse were apparent. One night haunts her, the night she used her gift, a gift she views as a curse. She left home and built a new life for herself. But to this day, it still haunts her, so she focuses all of her attention on those animals that need her help that come from abusive situations.

“You don’t think I’m . . . some kind of monster? That I’m not much better than him to have killed him like I did, in cold blood?”

“Never.” Dante lifted her chin on the edge of his hand. “I think you’re courageous, Tess. An avenging angel, that’s what I think.”

“I’m a freak.”

“No, Tess, no.” He kissed her tenderly. “You’re amazing.”

“I’m a coward. Just like you said, I always ran away. It’s true. I’ve been afraid and running for so long, I’m not sure I can ever stop.”

“Then run to me.” Dante’s eyes were fierce as he held her gaze
When Tess helps a stranger who is shot, she never realized how her life would be changing. What I liked most about this heroine was her drive. She was dedicated but a bit of a loner. Due to her gift, and her past, she struggles with trust. I really admired her strength and courage, and she proves herself in more ways than one. From beginning to end, we see more facets to her character, and with each chapter you begin to like her more and more.

Plot and Story Line

Kiss of Crimson continues off pretty quickly after Kiss Of Midnight. What I found most enjoyable was seeing Dante and Tess come together in the story. Its not a insta love story, which I was pretty glad about. It takes time, and its done slowly and gradually and I felt so at ease with their romance. This story sets off with a mystery and a dangerous situation of a new drug “Crimson” now this stuff is pretty bad ass, it pretty much destroys a Breed within minutes of inhaling the stuff and turns them into a blood crazed rogue, with superior strength moe than the regular breed and it takes a lot to kill them. This aspect of the story was heartwrenching at times. Because these are young Breeds in their late teens or early twenties who are being destroyed by this drug. We have a side plot of a new character Chase and his secret agenda to find his nephew who has been missing for two weeks. We have Elise, a woman his brother was mated to, but a woman he has loved secretly but knows he will never have a chance with. Even though Chase starts off with secret intentions, they are good ones to save his kin and I respect that. It was just the icing on the cake to see Chase win over the warriors here, despite the lies and deceit, he proves himself capable. We some other character Gideon and Savannah, Lucan and Gabrielle, and poor Rio!! Zero trust with women (which for those who have read the first book, know why) and is scarred and still healing from what happened in the previous book. The love story between Dante and Tess is real and vivid in emotion and passion. They fight for the love they have found together and it is quite moving when they finally trust fully in each other.

“Everything makes sense when I’m with you, Tess. My life makes sense, after so many years of running scared in the dark. You are the light, the reason I live. I’m bonded to you deep, woman. For me, there will never be another.”
This book really grabbed my attention, and i stayed up reading because I was so immersed in the story. I love the way Lara Adrian’s writing is so compelling and wraps around you like a heated blanket in the dead of winter.

The Cover

I really love the blue and red contrast here…with the red splashes of the city and the blue of the couple. Has an edge and passionate feel to it.

Overall View

Kiss of Crimson is a tantalizing read that sinks its hooks into the reader from the first page. A stimulating page turner that is packed with sizzling passion, edgy suspense, and a mystery to unravel!! THRILLING TO THE END! ( )
  addictofromance | Sep 6, 2015 |
Paranormal Romance. Midnight Breed 2. Breed warrior Dante gets fixed up by Vet Tess and her breedmate woo-healing skills. OK.
  C4RO | Jun 2, 2015 |
This book was really hard to rate. I liked it much better than the first. Tess was a likeable heroine. Dante was just the right amount of troubled. Watching them fall in love was sweet and satisfying. Unfortunately something just felt lacking. I liked the characters just fine but don't feel I got to know them enough to really care about them. I'll keep reading because I'm dying to see how Rio gets his HEA while living in a cave.

Oh, and the Order really needs to beef up the security of this compound. Again a Breedmate easily flees their super secret compound only to get herself entangled with the enemy. ( )
  Akaria | May 13, 2015 |
The Characters

Dante

Tess Culver

The Story

I don’t have much to say. I really enjoyed the story (enough to breakout my headphones and listen while in my house). I’m glad Tess did not want Dante to give up being a warrior. I couldn’t see him living in a Dark Haven.

The Random Thoughts

The downside to listening to audiobooks while I drive is sometimes I have to zone out to concentrate on traffic. So I think I missed what is going on with Chase. Is he officially becoming a warrior? I hope so.

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Nov 23, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553589385, Mass Market Paperback)

Book 2 in the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling Midnight Breed vampire romance series

He comes to her more dead than alive, a towering black-clad stranger riddled with bullets and rapidly losing blood. As she struggles to save him, veterinarian Tess Culver is unaware that the man calling himself Dante is no man at all, but one of the Breed, vampire warriors engaged in a desperate battle. In a single erotically charged moment Tess is plunged into his world--a shifting, shadowed place where bands of Rogue vampires stalk the night, cutting a swath of terror.

Haunted by visions of a dark future, Dante lives and fights like there is no tomorrow. Tess is a complication he does not need--but now, with his brethren under attack, he must shield Tess from a growing threat that includes Dante himself. For with one reckless, irresistible kiss, she has become an inextricable part of his underworld realm...and his touch awakens her to hidden gifts, desires, and hungers she never knew she possessed. Bonded by blood, Dante and Tess must work together to thwart deadly enemies, even as they discover a passion that transcends the boundaries of life itself....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:50 -0400)

Coming to the aid of a wounded stranger, veterinarian Tess Culver is unaware that the mysterious Dante is actually one of the Breed, vampire warriors engaged in a desperate battle against bands of Rogue vampires, or that by helping him, she has become enmeshed in his dangerous underworld realm.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,256,482 books! | Top bar: Always visible