Kiss Of Crimson by Lara Adrian

Kiss Of Crimson (edition 2007)

by Lara Adrian

Member:thebookbabe
Title:Kiss Of Crimson
Authors:Lara Adrian
Info:Dell (2007), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Read
Tags:Contemporary, Paranorma, Vampire, Midnight Breed, e-book

Kiss of Crimson by Lara Adrian

Book Two in the Midnight Breed series continues the story that began so effectively in Kiss of Midnight. The warrior about to meet his destiny in this one is Dante, one of Lucan’s most trusted and closest friends among the Order. Dante, like all the warriors, is driven by his purpose. In a spectacular setting up of the book, Dante is almost killed and manages to find a place to take shelter. In a small animal clinic, he encounters Tess Culver, and life changes forever when he takes her vein to insure his survival.

I like Dante, he’s passionate and driven, loyal and a fierce fighter. He’s also haunted by visions of his death, and has spent most of his long life trying to outrun those visions. He’s drawn to Tess, who has her own kind of tortured past to overcome. I didn’t find this heroine as interesting or as sympathetic as Lucan’s Gabrielle from book one, but she does have her shining moments.

As the Order races to find a drug-dealer who’s created a designer drug called Crimson–a drug that prematurely turns the Breed vampires into Rogues. It doesn’t make the situation any easier when the identity of the dealer is revealed as Tess’s ex-boyfriend.

As with book one, this instalment sets up some intriguing glimpses into things to come, and gives another Warrior his mate. I can’t wait to start the next book!
  DenyseBridger | Jun 12, 2014 |
I really loved Dante's and Tess' story. I hope the other's stories are as good as theirs. I liked that Tess wasn't overly emotional, whiny, or just annoying. Dante was the typical alpha Breed Vampire but he had softer and somewhat sophisticated side, which he keeps hidden. The Breed Vampires need to just surrender to their need to find a mate and stop fighting it because of their woe is me shit.(Grin) Dante tried to fight his attraction and his need to have Tess in his life but of course to no avail.

Kiss of Crimson was as action packed, suspenseful, smexy, and a fun read as the first book and I can hardly wait to get my canines into the rest of the series. ( )
  chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |

chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |
This is an unusual story about vampires and drugs. We have a drug dealer that stubble onto a drug that turns young Breed into Rogues. The problem starts when the drug dealer is the friend of a Breedmate that will become Dante’s. The story starts with Dante being ambushed and needing a Host to help heal his wounds. I loved how Dante and Tess meet and how their courtship progresses through the story. Dante tries so hard to avoid what is happening. He has dedicated his life to fighting to protect the Breed and the human population. He has also fought with little care for his safety since he is sure he knows how he is going to die. Dante has premonitions of his death for most of his life. He has fought and lived his life according to the vision that haunts him. When he feeds from Tess that wildness begins to calm. Dante is all alpha male. He is strong, loyal and honorable. When he finds Tess he becomes compassionate and caring and very tender. Dante is one of my favorite of the Breed.

Tess is a Breedmate with a secret that she thinks makes it impossible for her to stay in any one place for very long. Tess is a vet that loves animals and works for much less than she should so she can help the people that are down on their luck. Tess can also heal with her hands as well as kill with them. Tess is strong, compassionate, caring, intelligent and very lonely. She has been on her own since see turned seventeen. She feels like she doesn't belong with anyone or anywhere. I liked her a lot as well.

This is the first story in this series were a new warrior is added to the team. Technically it doesn't become official in this story. Chase Sterling works with the warriors to track down the drug dealer. He is looking for his nephew. The nephew that has left the Darkhaven and become addict to a drug referred to as Crimson. Chase leaves the Darkhaven when he has to kill his nephew because he has turned Rogue.

This is a very quick read. Like the first book there are lots of great characters and locations. The story covers many different parts of Boston. There is also the Master that is causing so much trouble and is a nasty piece of work. There is also the Minions, Rogues, and all the innocent by-standers. If you love vampire stories you are going to love this story. ( )
  LadyIsis | Dec 26, 2013 |
TBR
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553589385, Mass Market Paperback)

Book 2 in the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling Midnight Breed vampire romance series

He comes to her more dead than alive, a towering black-clad stranger riddled with bullets and rapidly losing blood. As she struggles to save him, veterinarian Tess Culver is unaware that the man calling himself Dante is no man at all, but one of the Breed, vampire warriors engaged in a desperate battle. In a single erotically charged moment Tess is plunged into his world--a shifting, shadowed place where bands of Rogue vampires stalk the night, cutting a swath of terror.

Haunted by visions of a dark future, Dante lives and fights like there is no tomorrow. Tess is a complication he does not need--but now, with his brethren under attack, he must shield Tess from a growing threat that includes Dante himself. For with one reckless, irresistible kiss, she has become an inextricable part of his underworld realm...and his touch awakens her to hidden gifts, desires, and hungers she never knew she possessed. Bonded by blood, Dante and Tess must work together to thwart deadly enemies, even as they discover a passion that transcends the boundaries of life itself....

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:44 -0400)

Coming to the aid of a wounded stranger, veterinarian Tess Culver is unaware that the mysterious Dante is actually one of the Breed, vampire warriors engaged in a desperate battle against bands of Rogue vampires, or that by helping him, she has become enmeshed in his dangerous underworld realm.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,959,742 books! | Top bar: Always visible