Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy…

Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Debbie Stoller

Member:tspeter
Title:Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
Authors:Debbie Stoller
Info:Workman Publishing Company (2006), Paperback, 256 pages
Tags:Crafts

Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller (2006)

A good book for a skinny bitch if you're interested in crocheting clothes. [author: Debbie Stoller]'s book tends to be a little bit size-ist, but that's pretty standard for pattern books these days. Still, the accessories are *great* and very fun to crochet. I did the "First Aid Purse" for my cousin Alex who's going to nursing school, and it was a huge hit. In general, I'd say it's a book worth owning, at any stage or skill level. Stoller has chosen designs that are attractive and entertaining, some very challenging, and very few are real duds. It definitely belongs in any crochet library. ( )
  voncookie | Jun 30, 2016 |
  anna_hiller | Jun 22, 2016 |
Although some of the projects aren't to my taste, this book has some of the best instructions for learning to crochet.

http://allbookedup-elena.blogspot.ca/2010/09/stitch-n-bitch-crochet-happy-hooker... ( )
  ElenaGwynne | Feb 8, 2014 |
Okay, so I didn't read it cover to cover, but I have been through most of the how-to section and I found it very easy to learn the stitches with this book. It reads almost as if someone is in the room with you, including comments about troublesome spots and different ways of doing stitches. Haven't tried a pattern yet, but they seem relatively easy to follow. My only complaint--there are quite a few sweaters/shirts/accessories that aren't really my style. But there are some great scarf and hat patterns, along with a few blankets and other random accessories. (crocheted bikini, anyone?) ( )
  JessieP73 | Apr 6, 2013 |
Great, clear instructions for a variety of stitches, pattern reading, and techniques, combined with a set of fun patterns to use them. A good beginner guide or reference manual for the more advanced who want to try some new techniques. ( )
  terriko | Dec 3, 2011 |
for my mother, johanna c. stoller, who gave me a love of all things crafty

Debbie does crochet! Debbie Stoller, the “knitting superstar,” has been leading an entire movement of hip young knitters with her New York Times bestseller Stitch ’n Bitch and its follow-up, Stitch ’n Bitch Nation, together with over 521,000 copies in print. But guess what? For every one knitter in the world there are three crocheters—which translates into millions of hip, crafty, 18- to 35-year-olds ready to be happy hookers with Stitch ’n Bitch attitude, sexiness, ingenuity, and cool.

Written in the author’s cheeky chick style, this heavily illustrated book—featuring four-color photographs and instructional illustrations throughout—is chock-full of instruction, inspiration, and to-die-for designs, from a Fishnet Skullcap to a lacy evening wrap. For knitters and new crafters exploring the hook comes the primer: the advantages of crochet and the ways in which knitters (and nonknitters) benefit by learning this sister craft; a discussion of tools; all the cool yarns available, and what the different gauges mean; plus basic techniques and stitch patterns—including the chain stitch, picot, flowers, filet crochet, changing yarns, and finishing. Then come 40 fabulous, funky projects—the kind that make Stitch ’n Bitch rule—for crocheters: Pom Pom Capelet, Retro Clutch Purse, Anarchy Irony Hat, Ms. Pac Man Change Purses, Doris Daymat, Va-Va-Va Voom Bikini, Animal I-Pod Cozies, Kid’s Sock Monkey Poncho.

No, these aren’t your grandma’s doilies.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:02 -0400)

40 original patterns.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,431,840 books! | Top bar: Always visible