The Elfstones of Shannara (Shannara, No. 2)…

The Elfstones of Shannara (Shannara, No. 2) (original 1982; edition 1983)

by Terry Brooks (Author), Darrell K. Sweet (Illustrator)

Series: Shannara (2), Shannara Trilogy (2), Shannara-Zyklus (Omnibus 4-6 - [Buch II]), Shannara Universe: Chronological (11)

Ancient Evil threatens the Elves: The ancient tree created by long-lost Elven magic, is dying. When Wil Ohmsford is summoned to guard the Amberle on a perilous quest to gather a new seed for a new tree, he is faced with the Reaper, the most fearsome of all Demons. And Wil is without power to control them....From the Paperback edition.… (more)
Member:mgeorgebrown89
Title:The Elfstones of Shannara (Shannara, No. 2)
Authors:Terry Brooks (Author)
Other authors:Darrell K. Sweet (Illustrator)
Info:Del Rey (1983), 576 pages
Rating:***

The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks (1982)

English (41)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (43)
This is the first Shannara book I have read and I don`t think I `ll read a another one.
This is a interesting story, only the writing is good in some places and not so great in others. As in it go on longer then nessacy. ( )
  AnnaBookcritter | Sep 15, 2020 |
  AnnaBookcritter | Sep 15, 2020 |
Many, many years ago I read this. Then I watched season 1 of the TV series - which closely follows the book - and now I re-read it.

Wil Ohmsford, the last of the Shannara bloodline is recruited by Allanon, the last of the Druids, to escort Amberele on her misson to save the Ellcrys, a misson that will ask a lot from them.

It's not a bad story and I enjoyed it, though there are times when it got a little cliched. It's a well worn story and Terry Brooks does a good job of telling the tale. It was worth re-reading. I do intend to continue reading this series. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Apr 28, 2020 |
Just really not for me. ( )
  Shaun_Hamill | Oct 10, 2019 |
The second book in the series is what the TV series is based off of, but the TV series made some definite changes. Shea, Eretria and Amberle go together to help Eretria with her quest to save the Ellcrys and send the demons back.
1 vote wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |

Sweet, DarrellIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Barbara,
With Love
The night sky brightened faintly in the east with the approach of dawn as the Chosen entered the Gardens of Life.
-Der alte Mann im Schaukelstul summte leise vor sich hin, während er in den in der Dämmerung liegenden Wald hinausblickte. Weit im Westen, jenseits der grünen Mauer der Bäume, die undurchdringlich die Lichtung umschloß, auf der seine Hütte stand, sank die Sonne unter den Horizont und das Tageslicht wurde fahl und grau.-
This is a single work and should not be combined with the collection.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,612,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible