Star Trek - the Next Generation: Imzadi…

Star Trek - the Next Generation: Imzadi (Star Trek - The Next Generation… (edition 1994)

by Peter David

Member:lettice
Title:Star Trek - the Next Generation: Imzadi (Star Trek - The Next Generation (Unnumbered))
Authors:Peter David
Info:Star Trek (1994), Paperback
Collections:Your library, Favorites, Read
Rating:*****
Tags:sci fi & fantasy, 1996

Imzadi by Peter David

While I suspect that this book was given to me more as a joke than as for actual reading material, I enjoyed it so much!

I'll admit it, I'm a Trekie, TNG (if you know what it stands for, you're in the club) was *my* show. I watched it growing up, and then again as an adult. 7 years of awesome characters with awesome plot lines and themes--I couldn't get enough.

This book was like jumping into a TNG episode that I hadn't watched before. It was great to picture the characters, and I'd say the writing was pretty accurate to the characters.

Excellent read! My first bout into fan fiction...and I think I liked it! ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |

Excellent read! My first bout into fan fiction...and I think I liked it! ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
I never really thought I'd fall in love with a romance like this. This book just really did it for me. I loved the developments of Riker and Troi, both together and apart. I really got a sense of who they were when they came together, and it just made it better for me. I loved this book so much!
  TheInvernessie | Nov 26, 2013 |
my 15 year old self was madly in love with this book. troi/riker was my first media fandom. *feels nostalgic* ( )
  lumpish | Apr 27, 2013 |
I don't want to admit how much I love this book. I was rather obsessed with it as a child. My print copy is dog eared, dog gnawed (courtesy of a very young yorkie puppy once upon a time), and scribbled in. This is why I have an ebook copy now. ( )
  Jami_Leigh | Mar 31, 2013 |

Is contained in

This one has to be for Harlan
"Let's get the hell out of here."

"IMZADI ... HELP ME ..."

Riker raced into Deanne's quarters and was horrified by the sight that greeted his eyes. Deanna was lying on the floor, convulsions shaking her. "Riker to sickbay, where' that medunit!" he shouted desperately, and didn't even wait for a reply as he dropped down next to the trembling counselor.

His hands moved helplessly over her, and he fought down his own terror as he said, "Shh ,,, everything's going to be okay. It's okay, Deanna ... "

Her eyes were clouding over. he didn't think she could even see him. He had no idea what was happening to her, and even more terrifying ... neither did she. "Imzadi," she whispered again, her chin shaking. "Please ... help ... me ... help ... "

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671867296, Mass Market Paperback)

Years before they served together on board the "U.S.S. Enterprise." Commander William Riker and ship's counselor Deanna Troi had a tempestuous love affair on her home planet of Betazed. Now, their passions have cooled and they serve together as friends. Yet the memories of that time linger and Riker and Troi remain "Imzadi" -- a powerful Betazoid term that describes the enduring bond they still share.
During delicate negotiations with an aggressive race called the Sindareen. Deanna Troi mysteriously falls ill...and dies. But her death is only the beginning of the adventure for Commander Riker -- an adventure that will take him across time, pit him against one of his closest friends, and force him to choose between Starfleet's strictest rule and the one he calls "Imzadi."

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:53 -0400)

When counselor Deanna Troi dies during negotiations with the Sindareen, Commander William Riker travels across time, is pitted against a close friend, and must "choose between Starfleet's strictest rule and the one he calls Imzadi," the enduring bond he shares with Deanna resulting from their long-past love affair.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,003,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible