Address Unknown by Kathrine Kressmann Taylor

Address Unknown (1938)

by Kathrine Kressmann Taylor

English (22)  French (8)  Spanish (4)  Hebrew (2)  Catalan (2)  Italian (2)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (42)
I came across this by chance trying to find some radio drama on the net. It was a BBC production from a couple of years ago.I ordered the book straight away and have just finished it.
A very powerful and thought provoking read. What I don't understand is how it was forgotten for so long.

MsStephie | Jul 12, 2014 |
Haunting little book. letters to Nazi Germany. I have read this more than once and I find that my feelings about it shift. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
Excelente. Pero es un relato largo más que una novela. ( )
  cuentosalgernon | Oct 10, 2013 |
Recensione su: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-kF
Review at: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-kF ( )
  Saretta.L | Apr 8, 2013 |
I'm not sure what to classify this book as. The book information calls it fiction but according to the Foreword says: "The author said that Address Unknown came from real life and was based on a few actual letters." So it contains a grain of truth.

No matter how you classify it, Address Unknown is a reminder of how powerful words can be. ( )
  DK_Atkinson | Apr 1, 2013 |
My dear Martin: Back in Germany! How I envy you!

A rediscovered classic, originally published in 1938 --

and now an international bestseller.

Address

Unknown

When it first appeared in Story magazine in 1938, Address Unknown became an immediate social phenomenon and literary sensation. Published in book form a year later and banned in Nazi Germany, it garnered high praise in the United States and much of Europe.

A series of fictional letters between a Jewish art dealer living in San Francisco and his former business partner, who has returned to Germany, Address Unknown is a haunting tale of enormous and enduring impact.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:30 -0400)

"A series of fictional letters between a Jewish art dealer living in San Francisco and his former business partner, who has returned to Germany."--Cover.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,669,095 books! | Top bar: Always visible