Food of Portugal by Jean Anderson

Food of Portugal

by Jean Anderson

874138,736 (4)1

My Prima Cindy sent this too me. It is a treasure: comprehensive and informative. The glossaries have been especially helpful in helping me figure out recipes elsewhere.
  lucybrown | Sep 27, 2015 |
Much more than a cookbook, this is a wonderful encyclopedic collection of information about culture, wines, cheese, sausages and hams, herbs, spices, and sweets of the various regions of Portugual. Anderson explores the influences of the Moors, and the shipping trades the Portuguese were so famous for.

My introduction to Portuguese food came from my late mother in law. My husband's Aunt and his grandfather gave me more instruction in the family's favorites.

This book has been well used since I bought it in Portugal years ago, but I'd never taken the time to sit down and read the introductory information until now. The first 85 pages are all the history and glossary, and then each section, and often, each recipe, has introductory material telling how the ingredients are procured, what section of the country it comes from, and how Americans can cook in their kitchens. A fun book to look at if you've never tried Portuguese food. ( )
1 vote tututhefirst | Jul 15, 2009 |

An extensive bilingual glossary explains, defines, and describesPortuguese food, wine, cooking, and restaurant terms.With notes for cooks and travelers on the languageof Portuguese wine, food, and dining.Wine notes have been completely revised and updated.Color photographs of Portugal by the author.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:46 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,078,894 books! | Top bar: Always visible