Survivors: True Stories of Children in the…

Survivors: True Stories of Children in the Holocaust (original 2004; edition 2005)

by Allan Zullo, Mara Bovsun

Member:Nikki6t6
Title:Survivors: True Stories of Children in the Holocaust
Authors:Allan Zullo
Other authors:Mara Bovsun
Info:Scholastic Paperbacks (2005), Paperback, 208 pages

Survivors: True Stories of Children in the Holocaust by Allan Zullo (Author) (2004)

I think this book was a great book because it was sad and interesting. It was also interesting how they survive various things. But this book explanes too much and no on how he gets out.

Overall this is a great book.
And I recommend everyone to read this great book.
  KrishenY | Apr 8, 2014 |
  cavlibrary | Feb 14, 2014 |
This book is very touching and grabs you from the start. Reading personally stories about children in the HOlocaust is a tear jerker. I'd reccomend this to anyone who likes touching and heartwarming yet a string puller book. ( )
  awakefield808 | Dec 13, 2012 |
This book is for emotionally mature students who can handle reading about the torture of nine Jewish children during the Holocaust. Each of this kids did make it through their horrible ordeal to tell their stories, but they witnessed much suffering and bore witness to a sort of living hell. Some of them managed to escape, some pretended to be someone else.

This book would be a good companion story when learning about this topic in history. It would also be a good multicultural book and can be compared to other races and religions that have been persecuted. ( )
  melissadorish | Dec 7, 2012 |
This book is about 9 jewish boys and girls that had to experiance the time of the halocaust in Europe. It tells about how the children had to witness horror, change their identities and how some even had to run away from home trying to escape the dangers of wehre they lived. It talks about how they survived and all they had to risk and sacrifice to get away safe.

I thought this book was very good. It was very sad to see what they had to go through, but the history and knowledge was wonderful. It really helped open my eyes to what really went on during that time. I had no idea it was so horrible and sad.

I think this would be a great book to ready when learning about Anne Frank, it would be pretty much how she was having to live in that time. I also think that it would be good when studying the actualy holocaust. I think it would really help children get a true perpective of the events.
  BriannaCrawford | Nov 28, 2011 |

Zullo, AllanAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bovsun, MaraAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To the Novodor family, especially Alice, who will always remain a part of my soul.
--A.Z.

To Michael who taught me the importance of remembering our history lessons.
--M. B.
Cheryl & David Rosenthal 2007
Led by dictator Adolf Hitler, the Nazi Party in Germany in the 1930s and 1940s believed that certain people - particularly Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, and the disabled - were inferior and didn't deserve to live.

Gripping and inspiring, these true stories of bravery, terror, and hope chronicle nine different children's experiences during the Holocaust.

These are the true-life accounts of nine Jewish boys and girls whose lives spiraled into danger and fear as the Holocaust overtook Europe. In a time of great horror, these children each found a way to make it through the nightmare of war. Some made daring escapes into the unknown, others disguised their true identities, and many witnessed unimaginable horrors. But what they all shared was the unshakable belief in-- and hope for-- survival.
Their legacy of courage in the face of hatred will move you, captivate you, and, ultimately, inspire you.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:41 -0400)

Tells the stories of nine Jewish children who survived the Holocaust.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,743,069 books! | Top bar: Always visible