Awakening the Heroes Within: Twelve…

by Carol S. Pearson

Member:cdurgin
Title:Awakening the Heroes Within: Twelve Archetypes to Help Us Find Ourselves and Transform Our World
Authors:Carol S. Pearson
Info:HarperOne (1991), Paperback, 352 pages

Awakening the Heroes Within: Twelve Archetypes to Help Us Find Ourselves and Transform Our World by Carol S. Pearson

In this bold and original work, Carol S.Pearson shows that the heroic quest isn't just for certain people under special circumstances. Explaining the many heroic paths available to each of us at every point in our lives, her innovative program enables us to live heroically by activating and applying twelve archetypes n our lives. This companion to the bestselling "The Hero Within" outlines twelve archetypical patterns that can aid inner development and the quest for wholeness. These archetypes are inner guides that can help us - prepare for the journey, by learning how to become successful members of society; embark upon the quest, by becoming initiated into the mysteries of the human soul; and return to transform our lives as a result of claiming our uniqueness and personal power. Writing for individuals seeking to realize their full potential and professionals engaged in empowering others, Pearson shows how journeys differ by the age, gender, and cultural background of the seeker, and how archetypes help awaken the capacities of our psyches. A unique diagnostic test, the Heroic Myth Index, and exercises are included to help us understand and awaken our inner guides.
  CSL_Library | May 25, 2016 |
Disappointing. ( )
  FourOfFiveWits | Oct 26, 2015 |

AWAKENING THE HEROES WITHIN
"The heroic quest is about saying 'yes' to yourself and in so doing, becoming more fully alive and more effective in the world…The quest is replete with dangers and pitfalls, but it offers great rewards: the capacity to be successful in the world, knowledge of the mysteries of the human soul, and the opportunity to find and express your unique gifts in the world".
In this bold and original work, Carol S. Pearson shows that the heroic quest isn't just for certain people under special circumstances. Exploring the many heroic paths available to each of us, at every point in our lives, her innovative program enables us to live heroically by activating and applying twelve archetypes in our lives.
This companion to the best-selling 'The Hero Within' outlines twelve archetypal patterns that can aid inner development and the quest for wholeness.
'These archetypes are inner guides that can help us:'
• prepare for the journey, by learning how to become successful members of society
• embark upon the quest, by becoming initiated into the mysteries of the human soul; and
• return to transform our lives as a result of claiming our uniqueness and personal power
Writing for individuals seeking to realise their full potential and professionals engaged in empowering others, Pearson shows how journeys differ by the age, gender, and cultural background of the seeker, and how archetypes help awaken the capacities of our psyches. A unique diagnostic test, the Heroic Myth Index, and exercises are included to help us understand and awaken our inner guides.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,488,948 books! | Top bar: Always visible