Neighbors by Thomas Berger

Neighbors (1980)

by Thomas Berger

English (2)  Swedish (1)  All languages (3)
I worship Thomas Berger. ( )
  spacegod | Mar 27, 2009 |
This is, as far as I can remember, the most bizarre book I have ever read. I'm still not sure what the point of it was. Maybe I was a bit jet-lagged as I read most of it on planes to and from London, but I think even if that weren't the case, it would still baffle me. Who are these insane characters? And what possesses them to behave in such freakish ways? I finished the book and still don't know the answer. Weird. ( )
  jennyo | Apr 24, 2008 |

Suburban regular guy Earl Keese confronts the yawning pit of chaos in the persons of Harry and Ramona, a younger couple who have just moved into the only other house on their dead-end street. Literally overnight, Earl's painstakingly controlled world is turned upside down. Soon he is engaged in guerilla warfare with his new neighbors, who seem to threaten the very fabric of his carefully constructed reality.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:01 -0400)

Earl Keese leads a reasonably comfortable life with his family in their suburban home until the house next door is bought by a truly odd couple who quickly proceed to drive Earl crazy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,499,903 books! | Top bar: Always visible