Lady Of Sherwood by Jennifer Roberson

Lady Of Sherwood (edition 2000)

by Jennifer Roberson

Series: Sherwood (2)

Member:AnnaElliott
Title:Lady Of Sherwood
Authors:Jennifer Roberson
Info:Kensington (2000), Paperback, 372 pages

Lady of Sherwood by Jennifer Roberson

The sequel to Roberson's "Lady of the Forest," her retelling of the Robin Hood legend.
I enjoyed the first one enough to pick this one up... though the first one pretty much seemed to have it covered; as far as the original story. Where was she going to go from there?
The outlaws were pardoned by the king himself, Marian had inherited her manor house and was living in bliss with Robin, everything was going well and all our heroes were seemingly enjoying their happy ending.

Well - King John bites it, refusing to name an heir, leaving the land in a state of unrest. The nasty Sheriff of Nottingham takes this opportunity to rescind the pardon and persecute Marian; threatening to take all her property and execute all of her friends.

So - we're basically back to square one, and we can re-run the story... while there's a bit of a sense of deja vu, it's still enjoyably written, and recommended for any fans of the Robin Hood legends... ( )
  AltheaAnn | Feb 9, 2016 |
I enjoyed reading this book very much. I loved the stories and the characters and how they have developed from Lady of the Forest. However, the edition/version that I read was riddled with errors, so much so that it was distracting and frustrating. I only gave it four stars because of this and my mild disappointment with the ending, but honestly that was probably only because i just plain didn't want it to end! I will be seeking out more Roberson very soon. ( )
  Jackie_Sassa | Nov 20, 2015 |

Jennifer Robersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gilbert, YvonneCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

A novel of war and romance featuring Robin Hood and Maid Marian, on whose estate he and his men are staying. The action centers on the turmoil following the death of their friend, King Richard the Lionheart, as a result of which the Sheriff of Nottingham is moving against the band.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,629,665 books! | Top bar: Always visible