Silent Run by Barbara Freethy

She woke up not knowing her name, not knowing what she looked like. But she did know that she was afraid. Then she learned she has a child who was missing. The suspense keeps building and twisting.I was glued to the pages until I finished. Now, I want to read the next in the series.

I have seen similar plots by other authors but this book is the one that resonated with me. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jun 11, 2016 |
It's as if I've read a different book than most other reviewers here. I've read this author before and liked her. This book, however, I did not like.

Jake was a bully. Even when they slowly uncover why Sarah has done what she did, he keeps accusing her, rubbing it in that she lied, that she made stupid mistakes etc. Sometimes he's suddenly interested in having sex with her, but straight after he's back to being mad and accusing her every chance he gets. I nearly stopped reading.

Sarah was a kind of a doormat in the past because she 'did not want to rock the boat'. Jake says he likes her with more spunk - which made me wonder why their relation lasted - but she still doesn't show spunk IMO, she's just the same doormat.

Rating: 3/10 ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
This was another "filler" book. Just biding my time till I can get some good ones.A woman apparently on the run with her baby, gets into a car accident and develops amnesia. The man she left comes to her hospital room wondering what she's done with their child. The story follows them piecing together the story bit by bit, to track down where she could have hidden her. All the while avoiding certain death as men chase her down. ( )
  Kace | Jan 30, 2010 |
Interesting take on woman wakes up and can't remember who she is plot. Let down, unfortunately, by clunky exposition, pedestrian prose and cardboard characterisations. Could have been so much better. ( )
  gwendolenau | Jan 13, 2009 |
To Terry, Logan, and Kristen for all their love and support.
Large raindrops streamed against her windshield as she sped along the dark, narrow highway north of Los Angeles.

Sarah Tucker awakes in the hospital with no recollection of who she is, but sensing that she in mortal danger, she must place her trust in Jake Sanders, who claims to be her lover and her child's father.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,761,826 books! | Top bar: Always visible