Healing The Child Within: Discovery and…

Healing The Child Within: Discovery and Recovery for Adult Children of… (1987)

by Charles L. Whitfield

Group M1
  gilsbooks | May 20, 2011 |
Publisher's Review:

Have you ever heard of your inner child? Well, this is the classic book that started it all.

In 1987, Charles Whitfield's breakthrough concept of the child within—that part of us which is truly alive, energetic, creative and fulfilled—launched the inner child movement. "Healing the Child Within" describes how the inner child is lost to trauma and loss, and how by recovering it, we can heal the fear, confusion and unhappiness of adult life.

Eighteen years and more than a million copies sold later, "Healing the Child Within" is a perennial selling classic in the field of psychology. And it is even more timely today than it was in 1987. Recent brain research, particularly on the effects of trauma on the brain of developing children, has supported Whitfield's intuitive understanding as a psychiatrist.
  Saraswati_Library | Sep 2, 2010 |
This book was really good. I pretty much highlighted the whole thing and used up all my highlighter ink. Apparently my inner child needs a whole lot of healing. ( )
  desanders | Nov 2, 2008 |
I wasn't terribly impressed with this book, but it did give me some food for thought. It's very compact, written concisely, and in a dry, non-engaging style. It was written 20 years ago and feels kind of dated. ( )
  Ealasaid | Apr 2, 2008 |
An excellent book detailing the healing process. ( )
  peonygoat | Oct 14, 2006 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0932194400, Paperback)

In 1987, Charlie Whitfield's breakthrough concept of the child within—that part of us which is truly alive, energetic, creative and fulfilled—launched the inner child movement. Healing the Child Within describes how the inner child is lost to trauma and loss, and how by recovering it, we can heal the fear, confusion and unhappiness of adult life.

Eighteen years and more than a million copies sold later, Healing the Child Within is a perennial selling classic in the field of psychology. And it is even more timely today than it was in 1987. Recent brain research, particularly on the effects of trauma on the brain of developing children, has supported Whitfield's intuitive understanding as a psychiatrist.

About HCI Recovery Classics

HCI's recovery backlist contains some of the most important and best-selling works in the recovery field. These books are still sought after today, selling more than 100,000 copies per year. Our new line of branded books features expanded editions of our top recovery titles, new introductions, updates on pertinent recent developments in the field, and contemporary new covers and packaging.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:27 -0400)

In this book Dr. Whitfield describes the journey of discovery and healing our fears, confusion and unhappiness.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,631,926 books! | Top bar: Always visible