dismiss

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by…

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (1989)

by Stephen R. Covey

A leading management consultant outlines seven organizational rules for improving effectiveness and increasing productivity at work and at home.
Recently added byprivate library, MariliceCachapuz, hrcj, islesx4, ramanann, slittleson, R79
Legacy LibrariesPresidential Study (1997)

English (123)  Spanish (4)  Portuguese (Brazil) (3)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Arabic (1)  All languages (133)
Inane Christian rambling from a self-appointed ... Messiah. It's just awful, what he says is brainless obviousness - like some twit suggesting to "make a list" - sprinkled with oh so sneaky validations of Christianity.

Avoid this book. Avoid goodreads members who give this crap a high rating.

GirlMeetsTractor | Mar 22, 2020 |
Although many people discount this book for being based on pedestrian examples, I found the core meaning quite good. If you ignore the out of date metaphors and relationships represented in the book, I think a lot can be understood. ( )
  markwhiting | Mar 21, 2020 |
A well-written classic. A nice supplement to Getting Things Done, The 4-Hour Workweek and all the other productivity books. “Seek first to understand, then to be understood” has become an important principle for me. ( )
  remouherek | Feb 24, 2020 |
Stephen Covey wrote an absolute masterpiece. A highly recommended read. This book is targeted to people who don’t seem to find fulfillment in life or feel that they don’t have a way forward. Covey describes 7 highly effective habits that can change the way that the reader go about their day. Anyone can use these easy habits to become a better version of themselves. ( )
  Arno_Somers | Dec 8, 2019 |
There are very few business books that are essential reading for anyone who wants to make a difference. This is one the great ones.
  ACParakou | Nov 26, 2019 |
Borrowing slightly from the concepts of Quantum Mechanics, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People begins with the astute observation that people perceive the world differently, and because we view the world with our own unique "lens," it is difficult to separate the observation from the observer.

Covey says that we all have our own paradigm, which is our own map of how we perceive the world and how we think the world should be in our ideal view. Covey writes, "The way we see things is the source of the way we think and the way we act."

Stephen R. Coveyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Abelli, TizianaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Calvi, BarbaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cavalleri, PaoloPrefacesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Christiansen, BrunoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Duchateau, PaulTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Guenette, MagaliTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Piatigorsky, JorgeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There is no real excellence in all this world which can be separated from right living

DAVID STAR JORDAN
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
ARISTOTLE
I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor.
HENRY DAVID THOREAU
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
OLIVER WENDALL HOLMES
Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.
GOETHE
In more than 25 years of working with people in business, university, and marriage and family settings, I have come in contact with many individuals who have achieved an incredible degree of outward success, but have found themselves struggling with an inner hunger, a deep need for personal congruency and effectiveness and for healthy, growing relationships with other people.
ISBN 0738504106 - WorldCat and Amazon both return for Rochester Neighborhoods by Shirley Cox Husted and Ruth Rosenberg-Naparsteck
Do not combine with any of the abridged audiobooks, ISBNs are: 188321937X, 0671315285, 1883219973, 0671687964, 0802514553, 0743538528, 0671869469, 1616574925, 1455892823, 0671853236, 0743501071, 0743501535, 1933499397
Unabridged audiobook ISBNs are: 1491586761 [1 CD, MP3, 14 hrs.], 1929494750 [3 CDs, 14 hrs.], 188321923X [8 cassettes and 1 workbook], 1480568317 [14 CDs, 14 hrs.], 1455892807 [MP3, 13 hrs.], 1455892785 [13 CDs, 13 hrs.], 1469200716 [7 CDs, 8 hrs., 15 min.], 1455893560 [7 CDs, 8 hrs.]
Unknown whether abridged or unabridged: 1883219027 [4 CDs, 4 hr., 30 mins. OR 4 cassettes, 6 hrs.], 1929494157 [6 CDs, 5 hrs.], 1599128284, 1883219337 [6 cassettes], 1933976004, 1442354895, 8360313563 [MP3, 12 hrs., 30 min.], 9992006684 [cassette]
Per WorldCat, the title of this book indicates it to be a new edition.
Unknown if audiobook is abridged or unabridged
Audiobook - unknown if abridged or unabridged

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,711,985 books! | Top bar: Always visible