The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People…

The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (1986)

by Stephen R. Covey

Recently added bykalosach, psly, private library, claudio.marchisio, NatalieAsIs, bkmeredith
Legacy LibrariesPresidential Study (1997)

English (88)  Spanish (4)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (94)
Great book with valuable, motivating info. A little heavy on the case studies, but otherwise very helpful. ( )
  DanielAlgara | Sep 26, 2014 |
excellent. ( )
  inasrullah64 | Sep 26, 2014 |
I feel so released after reading this book and really want to thank the author for the diagrams and strategies he provided in this book.
The title fits the content very well and he uses the number 7....a perfect number in Bible.
This type of book will need to read more than once, once in a while. Thanks again for sharing. ( )
  Annie.LibTech | Sep 22, 2014 |
Wonderful! Very practical, and useful, personally applicable. ( )
  Davraena | Sep 7, 2014 |
Stephen R. Covey acredita que vencer ou fracassar é resultado de sete hábitos. São eles que distinguem as pessoas felizes, saudáveis e bem-sucedidas das fracassadas ou daquelas que sacrificam o equilíbrio interior e a felicidade para alcançar êxito. Em 'Os 7 hábitos das pessoas altamente eficazes' estão contidos os princípios fundamentais da eficácia humana - sete hábitos básicos e primordiais que, segundo a obra, representam a interiorização dos princípios corretos, nos quais estão baseados o sucesso e a felicidade duradoura.
  melissa.gamador | Sep 4, 2014 |
Borrowing slightly from the concepts of Quantum Mechanics, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People begins with the astute observation that people perceive the world differently, and because we view the world with our own unique "lens," it is difficult to separate the observation from the observer.

Covey says that we all have our own paradigm, which is our own map of how we perceive the world and how we think the world should be in our ideal view. Covey writes, "The way we see things is the source of the way we think and the way we act."

There is no real excellence in all this world which can be separated from right living

DAVID STAR JORDAN
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
ARISTOTLE
I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor.
HENRY DAVID THOREAU
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
OLIVER WENDALL HOLMES
Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.
GOETHE
In more than 25 years of working with people in business, university, and marriage and family settings, I have come in contact with many individuals who have achieved an incredible degree of outward success, but have found themselves struggling with an inner hunger, a deep need for personal congruency and effectiveness and for healthy, growing relationships with other people.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0743269519, Paperback)

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change was a groundbreaker when it was first published in 1990, and it continues to be a business bestseller with more than 10 million copies sold. Stephen Covey, an internationally respected leadership authority, realizes that true success encompasses a balance of personal and professional effectiveness, so this book is a manual for performing better in both arenas. His anecdotes are as frequently from family situations as from business challenges. Before you can adopt the seven habits, you'll need to accomplish what Covey calls a "paradigm shift"--a change in perception and interpretation of how the world works. Covey takes you through this change, which affects how you perceive and act regarding productivity, time management, positive thinking, developing your "proactive muscles" (acting with initiative rather than reacting), and much more. This isn't a quick-tips-start-tomorrow kind of book. The concepts are sometimes intricate, and you'll want to study this book, not skim it. When you finish, you'll probably have Post-it notes or hand-written annotations in every chapter, and you'll feel like you've taken a powerful seminar by Covey. --Joan Price

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:53 -0400)

A leading management consultant outlines seven organizational rules for improving effectiveness and increasing productivity at work and at home.

Ten editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,410,621 books! | Top bar: Always visible