The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by…

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (1989)

by Stephen R. Covey

Series: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

English (107)  Spanish (4)  All (3)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Arabic (1)  All (117)
So, had to read this for work (as one might guess, judging by my other reading material). It's interesting. I liked the anecdotes, although I am inclined to doubt that they all really happened. They do too good a job at getting the appropriate points across! ( )
  Jon_Hansen | Jul 13, 2018 |
This book may be more effective for some if they have never read a self-help book. The book provided a lot of suggestions that I already follow. I have been fortunate to have good teachers & good leaders. ( )
  godmotherx5 | Apr 5, 2018 |
I read this book long back but this is a book which stays with me every day. I see that the book which is now helping live my life each day. It has helped me plan and executes effectively.
Among the seven habits, I follow Being Proactive the most in all my roles which I undertake each day and I think it is going to help me follow the rest six. I strongly recommend that everyone in the world should read this one for sure.
One of the tools which I discovered as a part following up for the book was https://weekplan.net/. Same principles, same thoughts and the same mode of execution and planning. ( )
  Syed_Zainul_Haque | Mar 29, 2018 |
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - What a friggin' snoozefest full of tautologies, mis-quoted quotes by famous people, and the most painfully boring, rambling anecdotes. ( )
  benuathanasia | Feb 16, 2018 |
I've read this book so many times - it's a really good combination of professional and personal development. Examples are a teensy bit dated, but the principles are universal and evergreen. I'll read it again. ( )
  tandah | Dec 11, 2017 |
Borrowing slightly from the concepts of Quantum Mechanics, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People begins with the astute observation that people perceive the world differently, and because we view the world with our own unique "lens," it is difficult to separate the observation from the observer.

Covey says that we all have our own paradigm, which is our own map of how we perceive the world and how we think the world should be in our ideal view. Covey writes, "The way we see things is the source of the way we think and the way we act."

Stephen R. Coveyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Duchateau, PaulTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There is no real excellence in all this world which can be separated from right living

DAVID STAR JORDAN
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
ARISTOTLE
I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor.
HENRY DAVID THOREAU
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
OLIVER WENDALL HOLMES
Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.
GOETHE
In more than 25 years of working with people in business, university, and marriage and family settings, I have come in contact with many individuals who have achieved an incredible degree of outward success, but have found themselves struggling with an inner hunger, a deep need for personal congruency and effectiveness and for healthy, growing relationships with other people.
ISBN 0738504106 - WorldCat and Amazon both return for Rochester Neighborhoods by Shirley Cox Husted and Ruth Rosenberg-Naparsteck
Do not combine with any of the abridged audiobooks, ISBNs are: 188321937X, 0671315285, 1883219973, 0671687964, 0802514553, 0743538528, 0671869469, 1616574925, 1455892823, 0671853236, 0743501071, 0743501535, 1933499397
Unabridged audiobook ISBNs are: 1491586761 [1 CD, MP3, 14 hrs.], 1929494750 [3 CDs, 14 hrs.], 188321923X [8 cassettes and 1 workbook], 1480568317 [14 CDs, 14 hrs.], 1455892807 [MP3, 13 hrs.], 1455892785 [13 CDs, 13 hrs.], 1469200716 [7 CDs, 8 hrs., 15 min.], 1455893560 [7 CDs, 8 hrs.]
Unknown whether abridged or unabridged: 1883219027 [4 CDs, 4 hr., 30 mins. OR 4 cassettes, 6 hrs.], 1929494157 [6 CDs, 5 hrs.], 1599128284, 1883219337 [6 cassettes], 1933976004, 1442354895, 8360313563 [MP3, 12 hrs., 30 min.], 9992006684 [cassette]
Unknown if audiobook is abridged or unabridged
Audiobook - unknown if abridged or unabridged

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0743269519, Paperback)

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change was a groundbreaker when it was first published in 1990, and it continues to be a business bestseller with more than 10 million copies sold. Stephen Covey, an internationally respected leadership authority, realizes that true success encompasses a balance of personal and professional effectiveness, so this book is a manual for performing better in both arenas. His anecdotes are as frequently from family situations as from business challenges. Before you can adopt the seven habits, you'll need to accomplish what Covey calls a "paradigm shift"--a change in perception and interpretation of how the world works. Covey takes you through this change, which affects how you perceive and act regarding productivity, time management, positive thinking, developing your "proactive muscles" (acting with initiative rather than reacting), and much more. This isn't a quick-tips-start-tomorrow kind of book. The concepts are sometimes intricate, and you'll want to study this book, not skim it. When you finish, you'll probably have Post-it notes or hand-written annotations in every chapter, and you'll feel like you've taken a powerful seminar by Covey. --Joan Price

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:17 -0400)

A leading management consultant outlines seven organizational rules for improving effectiveness and increasing productivity at work and at home.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,297,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible