Sudden death by David Rosenfelt

Sudden death (original 2005; edition 2005)

by David Rosenfelt

Member:wyogal11
Title:Sudden death
Authors:David Rosenfelt
Info:New York : Mysterious Press, 2005.

Sudden Death by David Rosenfelt (2005)

angst, the-mob, dogs, law-enforcement, lawyers, murder, murder-investigation *****

The body in the closet, the NFL star with a smoking gun, the clueless lawyer, the regular Mob boss, the crazed Mob boss, and the murder trial from hell all factor into this compelling read. The suspense is awful and the characters certainly are, but I just couldn't put it down! Didn't hurt that there were references to Milwaukee, Norway, and Jeremiah. ( )
  jetangen4571 | Sep 30, 2018 |
Caught with a dead body in his closet, and being the last person seen with the deceased the night before, Kenny Schilling seems to the police to be the prime and only suspect in the killing. But Kenny hires Andy Carpenter for his lawyer, and the more Andy digs into the case, the more Kenny appears to be innocent. It's up to Andy to track down the real killer in order to save Kenny from what seems to all concerned to be an open-and-shut case. But even Andy is fooled for a while. A quick read that will be hard to put down, this novel is another great tale in a wonderful series. ( )
  Maydacat | Aug 21, 2017 |
Another fun, twisty mystery. I'm glad we didn't get into Kevin's hypochondria any more. That never fit very well. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
This is another in Rosenfelt's fast paced mystery/ court room drama series. I did not like it nearly as much as the others. it seemed formulaic and I solved it WAY too soon. I like a little surprise please. Had this been the first one I read, I wouldn't bother with the others. ( )
  bke | Mar 30, 2014 |
Time for a break from this series. I like the characters but ... ( )
  librarian1204 | Apr 26, 2013 |
To Robert Greenwald, /an extraordinary talent, friend, /person, and citizen
I step off the plane, and for the first time in my life, I'm in Los Angeles.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446612871, Mass Market Paperback)

- David Rosenfelt's previous novel. "Bury the Lead, was published in Mysterious Press hardcover in 6/04, and was a "Today show Book Club Pick chosen by Janet Evanovich.- "First Degree (Mysterious Press, 5/03) won raves from national publications, including "Entertainment Weekly, and starred reviews from both "Kirkus Reviews and "Publishers Weekly.- The author's debut novel. "Open and Shut (Mysterious Press, 2002), was nominated for an Edgar Award for Best First Novel and was praised in the "New York Times.- David Rosenfelt's previous three books were Featured Alternates of The Mystery Guild," with foreign rights sold in Bulgaria, France, Germany, and Japan.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:51 -0400)

When the New York Giants' new star running back is accused of murdering a Jets rival, attorney Andy Carpenter works for the athlete's defense, a task that is complicated by the discovery of additional player killings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,510,048 books! | Top bar: Always visible