Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters Novels) (Drake…

Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters Novels) (Drake Sisters Novels) (edition 2007)

by Christine Feehan

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters Novels) (Drake Sisters Novels)
Authors:Christine Feehan
Info:Jove Books (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Library Loans, Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, library, read, 2008, november, romance, paranormal, library, ww, thriller

Safe Harbor by Christine Feehan

Loved this book and the subtle hints of things to come. My youngest aunt(two years younger than myself) is the youngest of seven sisters. Each book I read is being put into a box ready to ship and share the experience with her. :) ( )
  whybehave2002 | Feb 4, 2015 |
bought at Pearl City book store, 65RMB, 08/07/08

Didn't know it was book #5 but that didn't make any difference. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
Loved every moment. Another couldn't put it down hit. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
I'm starting to think re-reading this series back-to-back isn't a very good idea. The things I loved about it the first time around are being overshadowed by inconsistencies in the storytelling, poor editing and caveman tactics of the heroes.

Those issues aside, this is a hard book to read at times. Hannah has always been the most beautiful of the Drake sisters. She makes her living as a supermodel. Getting stabbed 20-something times and almost dying was a very traumatic experience for her, especially since it ruined her beauty. I don't mean to imply that she's shallow, but it was a hard thing for her to deal with.

I liked the way Jonas supported her through her recovery. It was good that they understood each other so well, and were able to offer each other comfort and support.

I did think parts of her recovery weren't dealt with. It's mentioned several times in previous books that she has an eating disorder, and it's mentioned in this one that she doesn't eat. But that isn't ever addressed.

I think Feehan could have explored that aspect more and backed off on the suspense plot a bit. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Dark turn in the Drake Sisters series. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 12, 2013 |
For Dianne Fetzer, my beloved sister,
whom I greatly admire and respect.
You are an amazing woman.
You've always known what you wanted
and gone after it courageously.
If anyone deserves a love story, it's you.
"You want to tell me how the hell we got into this mess?" Jackson Deveau demanded as he whipped his arm around Jonas Harrington's waist and half dragged him toward the flimsy cover of an industrial garbage container.

One of seven daughters in a line of extraordinary women, stunning Hannah Drake has been the elusive object of affection for Sheriff Jonas Harrington for as long as he can remember. If only she was driven by a passion other than her career.
But Jonas isn't the only one with desires for Hannah. From the shadows has emerged a vengeful figure who stalks the beauty, intending to destroy her. Can her sisters’ special powers keep her from harm, and will Jonas catch the elusive assailant?

Supermodel, Hannah Drake, is stalked by an unknown figure who threatens to destroy her and her family. Sherriff, Jonas Harrington, is destined to be her protector.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,442,009 books! | Top bar: Always visible