Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters Novels) (Drake…

Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters Novels) (Drake Sisters Novels) (edition 2007)

by Christine Feehan

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters Novels) (Drake Sisters Novels)
Authors:Christine Feehan
Info:Jove Books (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Library Loans, Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, library, read, 2008, november, romance, paranormal, library, ww, thriller

Safe Harbor by Christine Feehan

The hero has been in love with his childhood friend for his entire life. Not just any love but a desperate all consuming love that he's hidden from her. He doesn't believe he's good enough for her and his habit of putting himself in dangerous situations deters him from bringing her into his world. But when he almost dies one night-he finally sees that the tsunami of emotions is held back by a crumbling wall and suddenly everything he's been containing for all these years comes pouring out. But just as they've finally found some sort of understanding, the heroine is brutally attacked-slices to ribbons by a psychotic fan and she almost dies. Only the life force and magic of the hero's love and her families love saves her but she's horribly scared. Already having a bad body imagine despite being a stunning supermodel, she's now ashamed of her face and horrified at the monster she thinks she become. And the attacker, the one who's brutalized her life is coming back for more. I had such a hard time with this book and though I can say that I enjoyed some elements of it I rated it an overwhelming 1 star. First off was the most pressing dislike about this book-the hero. He was...oh my god he was almost psychotic. I mean I read about werewolves and vampires and he-man alpha males all the time but the over the top obsession, the single minded focus the hero had on the heroine greatly disturbed me. He just didn't let up! If you meet a guy like him and he treated you with the same possessive desperation as he treated the heroine-you'd call the cops. Honestly, it was beyond. I can't even. Second issue I had is the very odd pacing. The characters didn't develop-at least the hero didn't-the heroine did grow in confidence as the story went on. But they are in love with each other from start to finish. There was no growth there. Also every single feeling and thought that went through the characters mind was repeated again and again and again. It came to the point where one conversation would happen at least twice each chapter. I grew so bored that I struggled to every feel the angst the author was trying to portray-instead I grew frustrated at having wasted my time reading a book that really could have been 160 pages. I find that I just can't love Christine Feehan books as much as other authors in my library. I have a few more of her books in my to read pile and this book as seriously put me off attempting to read any of them which is a shame. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
Loved this book and the subtle hints of things to come. My youngest aunt(two years younger than myself) is the youngest of seven sisters. Each book I read is being put into a box ready to ship and share the experience with her. :) ( )
  whybehave2002 | Feb 4, 2015 |
bought at Pearl City book store, 65RMB, 08/07/08

Didn't know it was book #5 but that didn't make any difference. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
Loved every moment. Another couldn't put it down hit. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
I'm starting to think re-reading this series back-to-back isn't a very good idea. The things I loved about it the first time around are being overshadowed by inconsistencies in the storytelling, poor editing and caveman tactics of the heroes.

Those issues aside, this is a hard book to read at times. Hannah has always been the most beautiful of the Drake sisters. She makes her living as a supermodel. Getting stabbed 20-something times and almost dying was a very traumatic experience for her, especially since it ruined her beauty. I don't mean to imply that she's shallow, but it was a hard thing for her to deal with.

I liked the way Jonas supported her through her recovery. It was good that they understood each other so well, and were able to offer each other comfort and support.

I did think parts of her recovery weren't dealt with. It's mentioned several times in previous books that she has an eating disorder, and it's mentioned in this one that she doesn't eat. But that isn't ever addressed.

I think Feehan could have explored that aspect more and backed off on the suspense plot a bit. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
"All of Time"
Hannah's song from Joley

Verse 1:
When all has gone away
And you're alone out there
All you have to do is say
I need to hear that you care
I'll whisper or I'll yell
Whichever one you ask
I wish that I could tell
The feelings behind the mask

Verse 2:
When the world has walked out
And you're alone in the dark
When all you do is doubt
And try to find a spark
Call out my name, I'll be listening
Waiting for the wind to send
My name that you're whispering
Baby, I'll be there in the end

Bridge:
Don't be afraid
You don't have to fear
I'm by your side
For all of time
I'll never leave your side
I'm here for all of time
All of time

-Cecilia Feehan
For Dianne Fetzer, my beloved sister,
whom I greatly admire and respect.
You are an amazing woman.
You've always known what you wanted
and gone after it courageously.
If anyone deserves a love story, it's you.
"You want to tell me how the hell we got into this mess?" Jackson Deveau demanded as he whipped his arm around Jonas Harrington's waist and half dragged him toward the flimsy cover of an industrial garbage container.

One of seven daughters in a line of extraordinary women, stunning Hannah Drake has been the elusive object of affection for Sheriff Jonas Harrington for as long as he can remember. If only she was driven by a passion other than her career.
But Jonas isn't the only one with desires for Hannah. From the shadows has emerged a vengeful figure who stalks the beauty, intending to destroy her. Can her sisters’ special powers keep her from harm, and will Jonas catch the elusive assailant?

Supermodel, Hannah Drake, is stalked by an unknown figure who threatens to destroy her and her family. Sherriff, Jonas Harrington, is destined to be her protector.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,659,729 books! | Top bar: Always visible