Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters Novels) (Drake…

Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters Novels) (Drake Sisters Novels) (edition 2007)

by Christine Feehan

810None11,266 (3.85)6
Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters Novels) (Drake Sisters Novels)
Authors:Christine Feehan
Info:Jove Books (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Library Loans, Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, library, read, 2008, november, romance, paranormal, library, ww, thriller

Safe Harbor by Christine Feehan

Loved every moment. Another couldn't put it down hit. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
I'm starting to think re-reading this series back-to-back isn't a very good idea. The things I loved about it the first time around are being overshadowed by inconsistencies in the storytelling, poor editing and caveman tactics of the heroes.

Those issues aside, this is a hard book to read at times. Hannah has always been the most beautiful of the Drake sisters. She makes her living as a supermodel. Getting stabbed 20-something times and almost dying was a very traumatic experience for her, especially since it ruined her beauty. I don't mean to imply that she's shallow, but it was a hard thing for her to deal with.

I liked the way Jonas supported her through her recovery. It was good that they understood each other so well, and were able to offer each other comfort and support.

I did think parts of her recovery weren't dealt with. It's mentioned several times in previous books that she has an eating disorder, and it's mentioned in this one that she doesn't eat. But that isn't ever addressed.

I think Feehan could have explored that aspect more and backed off on the suspense plot a bit. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Dark turn in the Drake Sisters series. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 12, 2013 |
Romance,Paranormal,Woo-Woo
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Hannah Drake, supermodel, beautiful and gracious has been in love with Jonas for as long as she can remember. Throughout the years, Jonas has been a part of their family, overprotective to the extreme, stubborn and domineering. However Hannah knows he is the only man for her, the only man she could ever love, only she doesn't believe he could love her in return. When she leaves for a job, she is attacked, and almost dies, and when it becomes apparent that someone is out for her blood, she knows she is in grave danger. Only if she puts her trust in the one man she loves more than anything, will they be able to save each other and everyone they both care about. I have read this book many times, however I haven't written a book review for it yet, so I thought "why not?", especially since this is one of my favorite series. I love all of the sisters, but Hannah holds a special place in my heart. Even though she is a fighter and will fight to the death to protect her sisters, there is also a vulnerability in her, that appeals to this reader, makes her feel more human, with faults and struggles, and you see a side of her that you don't see in previous book. Jonas....good ole' Jonas, whom you can't help but love. Jonas has many domineering qualities, very over protective, stubborn streak a mile wide, but you see how perfect Jonas and Hannah are for each other, and I just love reading Safe Harbor, because you see a deeper aspect to their relationship. A Remarkable Read!!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Feb 25, 2013 |
For Dianne Fetzer, my beloved sister,
whom I greatly admire and respect.
You are an amazing woman.
You've always known what you wanted
and gone after it courageously.
If anyone deserves a love story, it's you.
"You want to tell me how the hell we got into this mess?" Jackson Deveau demanded as he whipped his arm around Jonas Harrington's waist and half dragged him toward the flimsy cover of an industrial garbage container.

Supermodel, Hannah Drake, is stalked by an unknown figure who threatens to destroy her and her family. Sherriff, Jonas Harrington, is destined to be her protector.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,475,215 books! | Top bar: Always visible