Revelation by Karen Traviss

well, I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed. Caedus is really slipping. Doesn't seem like much of a Sithlord at all. The GA fractures when the Duumvirate of Caedus and Niathal splits. Ben proves with evidence that it was Caedus who killed Mara. Jaina gets training from Fett. Fett uncarbonites his wife who has been in it for close to 30 years. I was mostly disappointed in how lame and shallow the training" of Jaina was by Fett. Saying things like "be a different person" and then using a real sword instead of a lightsaber. Whatever. Everything takes place in a month too. Just seemed very shallow, and there were no humorous spots to lighten things up like in Fury. And LOTS of humanistic moralizing about Jedi, Sith and what is good and what is wrong. Traviss has ruined it by bringing her 21st century humanistic amoralism to the table." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
fun. ( )
  MilesVor | Apr 4, 2014 |
There really should have been more Boba Fett stuff in this series as this book is immesurable better due to the scenes on Mandalore.

I have preferred the Karen Travis books to the other writers in this series.

Overall it was another exciting addition to the series and sets up the finale pretty well. ( )
  Lucien21 | Jul 31, 2009 |
The Mandalorian and Jedi plotlines of the series finally meet up as Jaina Solo realizes that she needs to learn new tactics in order to defeat her brother, who has now come out as a Sith Lord, and she goes to Mandalore to learn from Boba Fett himself. The character development between the two is some of the best in this series; it’s tricky to pack that much into a story with such a large ensemble cast. As usual, lots of big space battles and continuing ratcheting up of the tension; I just hope the conclusion lives up to the buildup. ( )
  slothman | Jul 12, 2009 |
This is the perfect book for my 1,000th addition to my library! I feel this series is set up to conclude more believably than, say, the New Jedi Order - which, while I loved, seemed to end abruptly. While Jacen feels that he is invincible, on the other side those who are lined up to take him down seem well prepared to do so. I really liked seeing Boba Fett and Jaina interact. There is the on-going exploration of light vs. dark force - what makes the difference? Where is the line drawn? I find that an interesting theme - it has application in almost every life as we make decisions that affect others and that make our character. ( )
  tjsjohanna | May 14, 2008 |
For Ray Ramirez
My brother died in the Yuuzhan Vong War.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 034547757X, Mass Market Paperback)

During this savage civil war, all efforts to end Jacen Solo’s tyranny of the Galactic Alliance have failed. Now with Jacen approaching the height of his dark powers, no one–not even the Solos and the Skywalkers–knows if anything can stop the Sith Lord before his plan to save the galaxy ends up destroying it.

Jacen Solo’s shadow of influence has threatened many, especially those closest to him. Jaina Solo is determined to bring her brother in, but in order to track him down, she must first learn unfamiliar skills from a man she finds ruthless, repellent, and dangerous. Meanwhile, Ben Skywalker, still haunted by suspicions that Jacen killed his mother, Mara, decides he must know the truth, even if it costs him his life. And as Luke Skywalker contemplates once unthinkable strategies to dethrone his nephew, the hour of reckoning for those on both sides draws near. The galaxy becomes a battlefield where all must face their true nature and darkest secrets, and live–or die–with the consequences.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:58 -0400)

Jacen Solo's shadow of influence has threatened many, especially those closest to him. Jaina Solo is determined to bring her brother in, but in order to track him down, she must first learn unfamiliar skills from a man she finds ruthless, repellent, and dangerous. Meanwhile, Ben Skywalker, still haunted by suspicions that Jacen killed his mother, Mara, decides he must know the truth, even if it costs him his life. And as Luke Skywalker contemplates once unthinkable strategies to dethrone his nephew, the hour of reckoning for those on both sides draws near.--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,297,302 books! | Top bar: Always visible