The Warren Buffett Way, Second Edition by…

The Warren Buffett Way, Second Edition (edition 2005)

by Robert G. Hagstrom, Kenneth L. Fisher (Introduction), Bill Miller (Foreword)

"Simply the most important new stock book of the 1990s, to date. Buy it and read it." -Kenneth L. Fisher Forbes The runaway bestseller-updated with new material included for the first time! "The Warren Buffett Way outlines his career and presents examples of how his investment techniques and methods evolved and the important individuals in that process. It also details the key investment decisions that produced his unmatched record of performance." -from the Foreword by Peter S. Lynch Bestselling author, One Up on Wall Street and Beating the Street ". . . an extraordinarily useful account of the methods of an investor held by many to be the world's greatest." -The Wall Street Journal "Robert Hagstrom presents an in-depth examination of Warren Buffett's strategies, and the 'how and why' behind his selection of each of the major securities that have contributed to his remarkable record of success. His 'homespun' wisdom and philosophy are also part of this comprehensive, interesting, and readable book." -John C. Bogle Chairman, The Vanguard Group "It's first rate. Buffett gets a lot of attention for what he preaches, but nobody has described what he practices better than Hagstrom. Here is the lowdown on every major stock he ever bought and why he bought it. Fascinating. You could even try this at home." -John Rothchild Financial columnist Time magazine… (more)
Member:priit03
Title:The Warren Buffett Way, Second Edition
Authors:Robert G. Hagstrom
Other authors:Kenneth L. Fisher (Introduction), Bill Miller (Foreword)
Info:Wiley (2005), Edition: 2, Paperback, 272 pages

The Warren Buffett Way by Robert G. Hagstrom

English (8)  German (1)  All languages (9)
I actually listened to the version narrated by Stefan Rudnicki - one of my favourite 'voice actors' - and he did a good job of bringing some life to the pages and making this somewhat tolerable.

While the book does present and illustrate the Buffet investing characteristics with enough biographical information to flesh out the story in an interesting way, in the end the book's repetitiveness got to me.

Buffet's philosophy is renowned for it's simple common sense. A great strength for investment theory, but a poison pill for someone writing on the topic. I couldn't help thinking the author really struggled to pad the material out to the requisite number of pages. ( )
  pratalife | Feb 9, 2014 |

pratalife | Feb 9, 2014 |
To read #5: Bufffett's approach to stock selection.
  SoliDeoGloria | Mar 31, 2013 |
The Warren Buffet Way is a comprehensive look at the investment strategies of Warren Buffet, the richest man in the world. The book was written with enough economic jargon that satiates the business-savy, but wasn't too complex for laymen. While I don't expect to become a billionaire like Buffet, I was able to gleam enough information from the book to assist me in whatever investments I make, and allowed me to glance into the mind of the world's richest man. ( )
  06nwingert | May 9, 2011 |
Buffett earn a lot and also give a lot. An Interview of him and Bill Gates about their charity fund. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkyEfqjbp8U
  knol | Dec 25, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,640,311 books! | Top bar: Always visible