Confessions of a Prep School Mommy Handler:…

Confessions of a Prep School Mommy Handler: A Memoir (edition 2008)

by Wade Rouse

Member:GirlsSentAway
Title:Confessions of a Prep School Mommy Handler: A Memoir
Authors:Wade Rouse
Info:Three Rivers Press (2008), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 272 pages

Confessions of a Prep School Mommy Handler: A Memoir by Wade Rouse

2008 (1) beautifully written (1) biography (3) class (1) college (1) DONE (1) education (1) expose (1) fiction (1) have read (1) humor (4) lgbt (1) meh (1) memoir (11) moms (1) NF (1) non-fiction (5) NYC (1) prep school (5) read (1) read in 2009 (1) read in 2011 (1) rich people (1) satire (1) school (1) St. Louis (1) teaching (1) to-read (3) unowned (1) wealth (1)

I found it at the library. It looked entertaining. Mostly it was annoying. I don't relate to high fashion, high maintenance women. I don't run with the prep school crowd or people who have more money than sense. My world doesn't revolve around clothes and decorating.

The story is fictional, but based on true experiences. The main character is a PR person at a snooty, falooty school and the story is about the hoity, toity mothers who drive him crazy.
  2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |

2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |
I read an essay by Rouse on-line that was hysterical, this book.... not so much. Too many bad metaphors. ( )
  InDreamsAwake | Apr 5, 2013 |
I thought this would be a guilty pleasure, a fun portrait of the rich women who make the lives of the little people miserable. Instead, or actually in addition to that, I found a well-written memoir. Rouse was a closeted gay man working at an exclusive prep school at the start of the book. The journey he takes is memorable. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
I have to confess to a weakness for school-based novels so I probably enjoyed this more than I should have. On the other hand, the writing was good enough to keep me interested. I also believe the story was probably based on real life; nothing that happened hasn't already happened in real life. Private schools, helicopter parents, and scheming to attain Ivy League acceptances are all that's important to a certain class of people. Interesting, quick reading. ( )
  kageeh | Dec 25, 2011 |

When Wade Rouse—a rural, public school graduate who grew up more Hee Haw than Dynasty—was hired as the director of publicity at the prestigious Tate Academy, he quickly discovered his real job was to make a few of the very pretty, very rich, very mean mommies of the elite students happy.

Enter former Tate beauty queen and sports star Katherine Isabelle Ludington—Kitsy to her friends—who went to an Ivy, married an Ivy, and made a lot of money. Now, she is Wade’s VIP volunteer and a perfectly coiffed nightmare.

In between designing Louis Vuitton–inspired reunion invitations, dressing as Ronald Reagan for Halloween, and surviving surprise Botox parties, Wade tries to tame Kitsy and her pink Lilly Pulitzer–clad posse while reclaiming his self-esteem.

Following a year in the life of the super rich and super spoiled, Confessions of a Prep School Mommy Handler is hilarious, heartbreaking, and deliciously catty.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:50 -0400)

In this memoir showcasing the ugly side of the affluent mothers of the pseudonymous Tate Academy, among the country's most prestigious prep schools, Rouse, the school's director of public relations, explains that his job is that of the Mommy Handler keeping the families and benefactors of the institution happy.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,503,358 books! | Top bar: Always visible