Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young…

Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson (1997)

by Mitch Albom

English (231)  Spanish (6)  Swedish (2)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (242)
A very touching book with many different lessons and mantras for life. I read it for school, but I'd read it out if I was given the chance, too. ( )
  silkpanda123 | May 14, 2014 |
Great book. Really makes you think about life & how you approach it. I still see Morrie paralyzed & unable to move, but still happy & thinking about others. I saw the original story from Nightline. I love the part where Morrie talks about needing someone to "wipe my a**." The best part about this, they weren't trying to write a best seller. They just wanted to pay Morrie's medical expenses. Maybe that's why the book is so successful. It's real. ( )
  jmcgarry2011 | May 9, 2014 |
This is a must read book. An old man tells his life's highlights and what he learned from that journey. It isn't a cheesy book like so many books on the market today. I enjoyed it. It was an easy read. it isn't hardcore self-help, so it is for everyone, no technical endless words. It is as if talking to a friend about life's most important things, like death and love and sickness and grief... I highly recomand it :) ( )
  pathogenik | Mar 2, 2014 |
It puts everything back in perspective. I loved hearing the author read the book, and the actual interview at the end. ( )
  LaPhenix | Feb 27, 2014 |
oh, what can I say ? :'(
my tears at every end with Mitch Albom Books will tell you ..
Morrie's peacefulness and kindness and simplicity remind me of my dead grandfather , he didn't tell us about life NO, we could see it in the way he treats it and treats the people around him.
I can tell he has no opponent he died peacefully as Morrie :")
God's mercy be upon you ..
I saw/read s lot of Morrie's life's instructions were connected to the Islamic simple principles how we should leave the materialistic things and give all our attention to the spiritual ones
caring and loving.. If I want to Quote I'll Quote all the book :P even the book cover "Tuesdays With Morrie" see how simple he was ?
this is really moving I can't save my review without mentioning it:
“Don't let go too soon, but don't hold on too long.”
hahaaa and this too :
“Forget what the culture says. I have ignored the culture much of my life. I am not going to be ashamed. What’s the big deal?”

In Arabic : يا حوينتك يا "موري" ليش ما متت مسلم ؟ الله يرحم​
  Soplada | Feb 27, 2014 |
The deceptively simple story of a deathbed seminar
on life. It is as sweet and as nourishing as fresh summer corn.
added by Shortride | editUSA Today, Bob Minzesheimer (pay site) (Sep 4, 1997)

This book is dedicated to my brother, Peter, the bravest person I know.
The last class of my old professor's life took place once a week in his house, by a window in the study where he could watch a small hibiscus plant shed its pink leaves.

This true story reminds us of the affection and gratitude that many of us still feel for the significant mentors of our past.
Mentor is dying
shares wisdom on life
we are richer now
(sullijo)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 076790592X, Paperback)

This true story about the love between a spiritual mentor and his pupil has soared to the bestseller list for many reasons. For starters: it reminds us of the affection and gratitude that many of us still feel for the significant mentors of our past. It also plays out a fantasy many of us have entertained: what would it be like to look those people up again, tell them how much they meant to us, maybe even resume the mentorship? Plus, we meet Morrie Schwartz--a one of a kind professor, whom the author describes as looking like a cross between a biblical prophet and Christmas elf. And finally we are privy to intimate moments of Morrie's final days as he lies dying from a terminal illness. Even on his deathbed, this twinkling-eyed mensch manages to teach us all about living robustly and fully. Kudos to author and acclaimed sports columnist Mitch Albom for telling this universally touching story with such grace and humility. --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:55 -0400)

Maybe it was a grandparent, or a teacher, or a colleague. Someone older, patient and wise, who understood you when you were young and searching, helped you see the world as a more profound place, gave you sound advice to help you make your way through it. For Mitch Albom, that person was Morrie Schwartz, his college professor from nearly twenty years ago. Maybe, like Mitch, you lost track of this mentor as you made your way, and the insights faded, and the world seemed colder. Wouldn't you like to see that person again, ask the bigger questions that still haunt you, receive wisdom for your busy life today the way you once did when you were younger? Mitch Albom had that second chance. He rediscovered Morrie in the last months of the older man's life. Knowing he was dying, Morrie visited with Mitch in his study every Tuesday, just as they used to back in college. Their rekindled relationship turned into one final "class": lessons in how to live. Tuesdays with Morrie is a magical chronicle of their time together, through which Mitch shares Morrie's lasting gift with the world.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,250,884 books! | Top bar: Always visible