Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young…

Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson (1997)

by Mitch Albom

English (232)  Spanish (6)  Swedish (2)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (243)
This was the only book that brought a tear to my eye every time I picked it up...even more so than "Falling Leaves." It definitely puts life into perspective. ( )
  kchung_kaching | Sep 1, 2014 |
Just finished rereading this book. The first time I read it because I felt I should. It's one of those "new classics" that you're expected to know. I got my copy and went through, but didn't connect.

However, this time it was a "right place, right time situation." So inspiring, so many great lines of wisdom, such an endearing reminder of the fragility of life in under 200 pages.

Really, really glad I came back for round 2. ( )
  Bricker | Aug 28, 2014 |
A very touching book with many different lessons and mantras for life. I read it for school, but I'd read it out if I was given the chance, too. ( )
  silkpanda123 | May 14, 2014 |
Great book. Really makes you think about life & how you approach it. I still see Morrie paralyzed & unable to move, but still happy & thinking about others. I saw the original story from Nightline. I love the part where Morrie talks about needing someone to "wipe my a**." The best part about this, they weren't trying to write a best seller. They just wanted to pay Morrie's medical expenses. Maybe that's why the book is so successful. It's real. ( )
  jmcgarry2011 | May 9, 2014 |
This is a must read book. An old man tells his life's highlights and what he learned from that journey. It isn't a cheesy book like so many books on the market today. I enjoyed it. It was an easy read. it isn't hardcore self-help, so it is for everyone, no technical endless words. It is as if talking to a friend about life's most important things, like death and love and sickness and grief... I highly recomand it :) ( )
  pathogenik | Mar 2, 2014 |
The deceptively simple story of a deathbed seminar
on life. It is as sweet and as nourishing as fresh summer corn.
added by Shortride | editUSA Today, Bob Minzesheimer (pay site) (Sep 4, 1997)

This book is dedicated to my brother, Peter, the bravest person I know.
The last class of my old professor's life took place once a week in his house, by a window in the study where he could watch a small hibiscus plant shed its pink leaves.

This true story reminds us of the affection and gratitude that many of us still feel for the significant mentors of our past.
Mentor is dying
shares wisdom on life
we are richer now
(sullijo)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 076790592X, Paperback)

This true story about the love between a spiritual mentor and his pupil has soared to the bestseller list for many reasons. For starters: it reminds us of the affection and gratitude that many of us still feel for the significant mentors of our past. It also plays out a fantasy many of us have entertained: what would it be like to look those people up again, tell them how much they meant to us, maybe even resume the mentorship? Plus, we meet Morrie Schwartz--a one of a kind professor, whom the author describes as looking like a cross between a biblical prophet and Christmas elf. And finally we are privy to intimate moments of Morrie's final days as he lies dying from a terminal illness. Even on his deathbed, this twinkling-eyed mensch manages to teach us all about living robustly and fully. Kudos to author and acclaimed sports columnist Mitch Albom for telling this universally touching story with such grace and humility. --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:55 -0400)

Maybe it was a grandparent, or a teacher, or a colleague. Someone older, patient and wise, who understood you when you were young and searching, helped you see the world as a more profound place, gave you sound advice to help you make your way through it. For Mitch Albom, that person was Morrie Schwartz, his college professor from nearly twenty years ago. Maybe, like Mitch, you lost track of this mentor as you made your way, and the insights faded, and the world seemed colder. Wouldn't you like to see that person again, ask the bigger questions that still haunt you, receive wisdom for your busy life today the way you once did when you were younger? Mitch Albom had that second chance. He rediscovered Morrie in the last months of the older man's life. Knowing he was dying, Morrie visited with Mitch in his study every Tuesday, just as they used to back in college. Their rekindled relationship turned into one final "class": lessons in how to live. Tuesdays with Morrie is a magical chronicle of their time together, through which Mitch shares Morrie's lasting gift with the world.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,657,581 books! | Top bar: Always visible