Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young…

Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson (original 1997; edition 2002)

by Mitch Albom

Member:alynnk
Title:Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson
Authors:Mitch Albom
Info:Broadway (2002), Paperback, 192 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:@read: own, August, 2008

Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson by Mitch Albom (1997)

English (252)  Spanish (7)  Swedish (2)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (264)
Not my favourite, in fact I found Mitch hard to take at times, but nevertheless a recommended read. ( )
  junepearl | Mar 4, 2016 |
One of my first reads and everytime I feel a little off, this is the book that I aways come back to. ( )
  euniceangeli | Mar 3, 2016 |
An inspirational book about Morrie Schwartz, an old professor of Mitch Albom's. He found out he is dying from ALS and Mitch goes to visit him. This leads to regular visits every Tuesday where various life lessons are discussed.

jenn88 | Feb 14, 2016 |
Conversations and observations on life ad death.
  PendleHillLibrary | Feb 10, 2016 |
I found this book to be an easy and well written read. I found the story heartwarming and inspirational. The one Tuesday I thought was missing out of this book however, was the Tuesday of Truth. Who's Truth? Morrie's Truth and no one else's. Although I agree with most of what Morrie had to say. I do not agree with all of it. After all, he had his life, I have mine.

I am happy to see that this book has inspired so many people. I think that we are all somewhat consciously coming to the same conclusion. The conclusion that we are more alike than we would like to admit.

I highly recommend this book and hope that whomever reads it is inspired by it. If it has the power to turn someone's life around even in the small way, it will have fulfilled its purpose. ( )
  DVerdecia | Jan 29, 2016 |
The deceptively simple story of a deathbed seminar
on life. It is as sweet and as nourishing as fresh summer corn.
added by Shortride | editUSA Today, Bob Minzesheimer (pay site) (Sep 4, 1997)

This book is dedicated to my brother, Peter, the bravest person I know.
The last class of my old professor's life took place once a week in his house, by a window in the study where he could watch a small hibiscus plant shed its pink leaves.

This true story reminds us of the affection and gratitude that many of us still feel for the significant mentors of our past.
Mentor is dying
shares wisdom on life
we are richer now
(sullijo)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 076790592X, Paperback)

This true story about the love between a spiritual mentor and his pupil has soared to the bestseller list for many reasons. For starters: it reminds us of the affection and gratitude that many of us still feel for the significant mentors of our past. It also plays out a fantasy many of us have entertained: what would it be like to look those people up again, tell them how much they meant to us, maybe even resume the mentorship? Plus, we meet Morrie Schwartz--a one of a kind professor, whom the author describes as looking like a cross between a biblical prophet and Christmas elf. And finally we are privy to intimate moments of Morrie's final days as he lies dying from a terminal illness. Even on his deathbed, this twinkling-eyed mensch manages to teach us all about living robustly and fully. Kudos to author and acclaimed sports columnist Mitch Albom for telling this universally touching story with such grace and humility. --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:23 -0400)

Maybe it was a grandparent, or a teacher, or a colleague. Someone older, patient and wise, who understood you when you were young and searching, helped you see the world as a more profound place, gave you sound advice to help you make your way through it. For Mitch Albom, that person was Morrie Schwartz, his college professor from nearly twenty years ago. Maybe, like Mitch, you lost track of this mentor as you made your way, and the insights faded, and the world seemed colder. Wouldn't you like to see that person again, ask the bigger questions that still haunt you, receive wisdom for your busy life today the way you once did when you were younger? Mitch Albom had that second chance. He rediscovered Morrie in the last months of the older man's life. Knowing he was dying, Morrie visited with Mitch in his study every Tuesday, just as they used to back in college. Their rekindled relationship turned into one final "class": lessons in how to live. Tuesdays with Morrie is a magical chronicle of their time together, through which Mitch shares Morrie's lasting gift with the world.… (more)

Beyond Words Publishing

An edition of this book was published by Beyond Words Publishing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,251,633 books! | Top bar: Always visible