Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young…

Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson (original 1997; edition 2002)

by Mitch Albom

Member:ladydzura
Title:Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson
Authors:Mitch Albom
Info:Broadway (2002), Paperback, 192 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:@read: own, August, 2008

Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson by Mitch Albom (1997)

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch (bell7)
    bell7: Both recount lessons learned by a man who doesn't have long to live.
    The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom (lesleymc)
    The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe (glade1)
    glade1: Another touching memoir discussing death and dying, this one told by a son about his mother's illness and death.
    Morrie: In His Own Words by Morrie Schwartz (Anonymous user)
    Skipping Christmas by John Grisham (MyriadBooks)
    Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World by Bill Clinton (krizia_lazaro)
    A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks (MyriadBooks)

English (262)  Spanish (7)  German (2)  Swedish (2)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All (275)
A sincere, naked telling about Tuesdays with Morrie. Mitch shares his experiences talking with Morrie, his professor he reunites with 16 years after graduation, when Morrie has been diagnosed with ASL. Every Tuesday Mitch flies down to Morrie to spend time with him, and his old professor never stops being his teacher, talking with about topics such as love and death.

Morrie seem to have been an extraordinary teacher, a human that manages to connect with everyone, making them wiser, making them feel better. Mitch stories about Morrie and his wisdom his captivating. ( )
  Wilwarin | May 23, 2017 |
An inspirational book about Morrie Schwartz, an old professor of Mitch Albom's. He found out he is dying from ALS and Mitch goes to visit him. This leads to regular visits every Tuesday where various life lessons are discussed.

jenn88 | Apr 25, 2017 |
I loved this book! Schools should make it a mandatory read. So insightful - this is a book that will stay with you.

Morrie was a great man and Mitch was a wonderful person to him. This book not only introduces you to Morrie, it gives you a better look into Mitch Albom the person to better understand Mitch Albom the author. After finally reading this book, I can see Morrie's influence in both [b:The Five People You Meet in Heaven|3431|The Five People You Meet in Heaven|Mitch Albom|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1388200541s/3431.jpg|2561472] and [b:The First Phone Call from Heaven|17888952|The First Phone Call from Heaven|Mitch Albom|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1380034020s/17888952.jpg|25035204]. ( )
  lynnski723 | Dec 31, 2016 |
I read it for book club. It was interesting, but I probably won't seek out other books by this author. ( )
  CarolJMO | Dec 12, 2016 |
3 ( )
  ronchan | Nov 14, 2016 |
The deceptively simple story of a deathbed seminar
on life. It is as sweet and as nourishing as fresh summer corn.
added by Shortride | editUSA Today, Bob Minzesheimer (pay site) (Sep 4, 1997)

This book is dedicated to my brother, Peter, the bravest person I know.
The last class of my old professor's life took place once a week in his house, by a window in the study where he could watch a small hibiscus plant shed its pink leaves.

This true story reminds us of the affection and gratitude that many of us still feel for the significant mentors of our past.
Mentor is dying
shares wisdom on life
we are richer now
(sullijo)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 076790592X, Paperback)

This true story about the love between a spiritual mentor and his pupil has soared to the bestseller list for many reasons. For starters: it reminds us of the affection and gratitude that many of us still feel for the significant mentors of our past. It also plays out a fantasy many of us have entertained: what would it be like to look those people up again, tell them how much they meant to us, maybe even resume the mentorship? Plus, we meet Morrie Schwartz--a one of a kind professor, whom the author describes as looking like a cross between a biblical prophet and Christmas elf. And finally we are privy to intimate moments of Morrie's final days as he lies dying from a terminal illness. Even on his deathbed, this twinkling-eyed mensch manages to teach us all about living robustly and fully. Kudos to author and acclaimed sports columnist Mitch Albom for telling this universally touching story with such grace and humility. --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:23 -0400)

Maybe it was a grandparent, or a teacher, or a colleague. Someone older, patient and wise, who understood you when you were young and searching, helped you see the world as a more profound place, gave you sound advice to help you make your way through it. For Mitch Albom, that person was Morrie Schwartz, his college professor from nearly twenty years ago. Maybe, like Mitch, you lost track of this mentor as you made your way, and the insights faded, and the world seemed colder. Wouldn't you like to see that person again, ask the bigger questions that still haunt you, receive wisdom for your busy life today the way you once did when you were younger? Mitch Albom had that second chance. He rediscovered Morrie in the last months of the older man's life. Knowing he was dying, Morrie visited with Mitch in his study every Tuesday, just as they used to back in college. Their rekindled relationship turned into one final "class": lessons in how to live. Tuesdays with Morrie is a magical chronicle of their time together, through which Mitch shares Morrie's lasting gift with the world.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,415,691 books! | Top bar: Always visible