Volcanoes (True Books: Nature) by Elaine…

Volcanoes (True Books: Nature)

by Elaine Landau

363467,987 (5)None

I thought this was a great informational text. I liked this book because of the writing and language of the information given. The information on volcanoes was provided in a clear and concise way. Readers left this book with a good understanding of what volcanoes were. I also liked this book because of the good pictures that went along with the text. I thought that the pictures enhanced the text and help demonstrate and clarify facts within the book. I think readers will also enjoy looking at the beautiful images of the volcanoes. The big message of this book is information about volcanoes. ( )
  lmorte1 | Oct 13, 2015 |
Volcanoes was a very informative text that gives great details, explanations, and facts about different volcanoes around the world. I really liked the illustrations of this book. When the author would talk about the different layer of the volcano there would be a picture next to the information with labels. This was super helpful, without it it would be very confusing to understand the information. I also really like the glossary that was in the back of the book. There were a lot of tuff vocabulary words like pyroclastic surge and plumes, having the glossary really made the text easy to read.
The big idea of this book was to inform readers about volcanoes, what causes them, their destruction, and where they are located in the world. ( )
  Jillian_Magee | Nov 9, 2014 |
What's inside a volcano, pictures of effects of volcano, lava, Ring of Fire, where to find volcanoes, Sense volcanoes, captions for each photograph
Indonesian children - drills
stats, resources, glossary, index, cover (active volcano & fun fact)
  exu0002 | May 4, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0516016903, Library Binding)

Discusses what causes volcanoes, where they are likely to occur, and how scientists study them.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:51 -0400)

Describes what a volcano is, how they form, how they can be useful to humans, what warnings to notice, and survival tips for surviving a volcano.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,374,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible