Six crises by Richard M. Nixon

Six crises (edition 1962)

by Richard M. Nixon

Member:GVassmer
Title:Six crises
Authors:Richard M. Nixon
Info:Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, 1962.
Tags:HIS, presidents, Nixon

Six Crises by Richard M. Nixon

721. Six Crises, by Richard M. Nixon (read 20 Jan 1963) When I read this book I was showing how open-minded I was since I was an enthusiastic supporter of JFK. I found the book of interest, but it did not cause me to change my allegiance. In fact I never ever voted for Nixon. ( )
  Schmerguls | Jun 8, 2013 |
A personal look at six events that shaped the early political career of Nixon. Like most politicians, I think Nixon overstates his role in these events. It is, at times, self-serving, but again that is a trait of politicians. It is a good read. A must read for students of Nixon. ( )
  w_bishop | Feb 25, 2008 |
To Pat, she also ran.
"If it hadn't been for the Hiss case, you would have been elected President of the United States."

Six Crises is the first book written by Richard M. Nixon, the 37th President of the United States. This book was published in 1962. It recounts Nixon's recollections of six major political situations that required crisis management on his part. Why did Nixon write this book? Nixon was motivated to write this book in order to enhance his faltering public image which sorely needed enhancement. In 1962 Nixon was at a low point in his life, yet he was planning a political comeback. His efforts were successful because of the intensity of his will and his dogged determination. In just six years he became President of the United States and leader of the free world. Tragically in another six years his character flaws caused him to lose everything. His career started in 1946 when he was elected to the U.S. Congress and to the Senate four years later. President Eisenhower selected him to be Vice President in 1952. In 1960 he was doing well. Then in 1960, he lost the presidential election to John F. Kennedy. This blow seemed to end his public life. The next January, after his Vice Presidential term ended, he returned home to California. He intended to retire from politics and practice law.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,109,661 books! | Top bar: Always visible