Bare Necessity

by Carole Matthews

Once Emily Miller thought that losing her boyfriend Declan would be the worst thing that could happen. Of course, that was before she learned that the lowlife cad had secretly mortgaged their dream house, run up their shared debts . . . and posted a picture of her on the internet that would make a rugby team blush. Still, she is coping masterfully, despite losing her home and her dignity -- until the local newspapers get wind of the story . . .So here she is -- homeless, jobless, loverless . . . and scandalous at thirty-two. Her best friend Cara thinks yoga, aromatherapy, and the perfect potion will turn Emily's karma around. Why not, Emily figures. It might help to attract that handsome stranger she's just barely met. Either that, or she'll hunt down the elusive Mr. Right herself. After all, there isn't much else that could possibly go wrong . . .And sometimes, when you've got absolutely nothing left to lose . . . that's when you get everything you ever wanted… (more)

I received this book a few days ago from a friend through bookcrossing. We call this a rabck which stands for a bookcrossing random act of kindness.
She sent me 2 books of my wish list and made me very happy.

Finished it this morning and it was a fun read.

Think about it. Your boyfriend of a few years has put the sexy Santa photo's you 2 have made on the Internet!! eek!

Last night I was reading and all of a sudden I was laughing like a lunatic. Very loud and really a big belly laugh. It was so funny and I could just picture what they were doing. (thinking about it makes me laugh again)

One thing, if there is one pet peeve I have concerning books it is when the main character does stupid things and keeps on doing this, or how do I say it when there is too much coincidence, and that was definitely the case in this book. The main characters keep on missing each other which would normally piss me off big time)

Weirdly enough I did not mind it that much as I would normally do.
This book started out slow but after a while I got into it and it is just a funny, ridiculous chick lit book. Guess I needed that.

3.5 stars. Will give it 4 because a book that can make me laugh so loud and for so long, deserves that. ( )
  Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |
Eh. I wouldn't read it again and I looked forward to finishing it, which is not good. ( )
  moonriver | Jul 7, 2006 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,743,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible