Hot Blooded by Lisa Jackson

Hot Blooded

by Lisa Jackson

Series: Bentz/Montoya (1), New Orleans series (1)

New Orleans is beginning to be afraid . . .
A prostitute lies strangled in a seedy French Quarter hotel room. Miles away, in a rambling plantation house on the sultry shores of Lake Ponchartrain, popular late-night radio host Dr. Samantha Leeds receives a threatening phone call. All in a day's work for a celebrity.
A second hooker's corpse turns up. Samantha's ominous caller persists, along with a mysterious female claiming to be a woman from her past - a woman who's been dead for years. With Detective Rick Bentz convinced that the serial killer prowling the shadowy streets of New Orleans is somebody close to Samantha, she doesn't dare trust anyone. Especially not Ty Wheeler, her seductive new neighbour who seems to know more about her than a stranger should.

My Thoughts:

I haven’t read a Lisa Jackson before but have read many like it with the likes of Erica Spindler and Sandra Brown. Another romantic suspense author which is normally something that I would seek out and enjoy.

In parts I did but I felt that this book did drag on a bit and towards the end I just wanted to find out who the perp was. I did enjoy the romantic interest but that’s what makes these type of books tick.

There are a lot of romantic suspense out there and sometimes they can become all the same and sometimes it takes one to stand out for the crowd. This book didn’t for me but overall it was an average thriller with a few chills and the expected romance.
I would try a Lisa Jackson again but if I need a romantic/ thriller fix I would quickly grab perhaps an author that I know I will enjoy. ( )
  tina1969 | Jan 26, 2014 |
Action and suspense were good. Setting was interesting. You sort of have to read the books in order if you want to understand the relationships. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
The H-book in the ABC-roundabout.

I like to read a good thriller, but this one left me a bit disappointed.

The thriller part of is was okay: page-turning in the beginning. The middle part was a bit dready: a lot of repetitions of what happened in the past to Annie and Sam's role in that. I think that could have been lessened.
And the end was, imho not so spectacular. A bit predicatable, just like the thriller-series / crime series I watch on TV: cavalry arrives just in time, the things going on are spotted by just the right person.

What I could have done without completely is the Harlequin part of the book. For me it did not add anything to the story, the thriller didn't get better with it.

This was my first bok with this author and, if other books by her are written with the same recipe, I don't think I'll read one again. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Mar 31, 2013 |
Unfortunately, I will not be giving a full review or rating of this book due to technical difficulties in listening to it.I did enjoy it in spite of the problems, and am currently checking out the next book in the series.
  ImBookingIt | Mar 26, 2010 |
I enjoyed the book. The mystery and suspense kept me wanting to read more. ( )
  clibrarianhalstead | Nov 30, 2009 |

Jackson, Lisaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bresnahan, AlyssaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hartmann, Elisabethsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Klemt, GiselaHerausgebersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
He saw her.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0821768417, Mass Market Paperback)

First One Dead Body...

A prostitute lies strangled in a seedy French Quarter hotel room. Miles away, in a rambling plantation house on the sultry shores of Lake Ponchartrain, popular late-night radio host Dr. Samantha Leeds receives a threatening crank call. All in a day's work for a celebrity. Who would think to link the two?

Then Another...

A second hooker's corpse turns up. Samantha's ominous caller persists, along with a mysterious female claiming to be a woman from her past -- a woman who's been dead for years. With Detective Rick Bentz convinced that the serial killer prowling the shadowy streets of New Orleans is somebody close to Samantha, she doesn't dare trust anyone. Especially not Ty Wheeler, her seductive new neighbor who seems to know more about her than a stranger should.

...And Another

Somebody has discovered Samantha's darkest secret. Somebody is convinced that lives must be sacrificed to pay for her sins. So far, the victims have been strangers. Prostitutes. But as a cunning, cold-blooded killer grows bolder, Samantha wonders in dread if she will be the next to die...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:45 -0400)

Dr. Samantha Leeds hosts her own late-night radio talk show on WSLJ. One day she receives a menacing phone call at her home, while miles away a prostitute is strangled to death. Nobody connects the seemingly unrelated events until more murders occur under similar circumstances.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,395,451 books! | Top bar: Always visible