Killer Hair by Ellen Byerrum

Not my usual mystery, but it was fun reading about the local sites, including the former Hollinger archival supplies warehouse on Four Mile Run Drive. ( )
  MikeRhode | Jun 17, 2015 |
A great start! ( )
  cougargirl1967 | Jan 5, 2014 |
I do love a good fashion byte! Lacey Smithsonian, no really thats her name, is a fashion columnist for The Eye Street Observer in DC. I've read some reviews that compare this series to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. Well thats just not true at all! But Ms. Byerrum all in all didnot do to bad with the first book in this series. It was a slow start but somewhere in the middle it starts to pick up. I adore the leading lady and it's filled with some pretty quirky characters! The fashion bytes and the Crimes of Fashion column are the best part of the book, but the mystery isn't too shabby either. I would recommend this book to mystery fans or anyone who likes a good scandal! Just please dont wear pink to testify!! ( )
  Liz_S | Feb 24, 2012 |
Cosy(ish) murder mystery set in Washington. The lead character's a fashion writer on a local paper, and the scenes set in the news offices play out rather more interestingly than the actual plot. Also, as is often the case, the surrounding cast is rather more interesting than the main character. Tends to linger overmuch on long descriptions of what Our Heroine's wearing (she has wacky fashion sense based on 1940s styles). ( )
  phoebesmum | Jan 7, 2012 |
Living in Alexandria, VA, I often enjoy reading books that take place in the DC area. Killer Hair was truly entertaining. I thought the "Fashion Bites" were cute and creative. A good start to a new series. ( )
  scoutlee | Aug 7, 2010 |
This book is dedicated to my husband, Bob Williams, first, last, and always.
Lacey Smithsonian looked down at the unfortunate woman in the coffin and thought, Oh my God, that is the worst haircut I've ever seen.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451209486, Mass Market Paperback)

Home of the helmet hairdo and Congressional comb-over, Washington, D.C. is a hotbed of fashion faux pas. If anyone should know, it's "Crimes of Fashion" columnist Lacey Smithsonian. She dishes out advice to the scandal-scorched and clothing-clueless, doing her part to change this town-one fashion victim at a time...

An up-and-coming stylist, Angie Woods had a reputation for rescuing down-and-out looks-and careers-all with a pair of scissors. But when Angie is found with a drastic haircut and a razor in her hand, the police assume she committed suicide. Lacey knew the stylist and suspects something more sinister-that the story may lie with Angie's star client, a White House staffer with a salacious website. With the help of a hunky ex-cop, Lacey must root out the truth...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:20 -0400)

While attending the opening of a new fashion museum, fashion guru and columnist Lacey Smithsonian chats up her favorite designer, Hugh Bentley, and stumbles upon a colorful mystery, rife with greed and bad taste, that could be linked to the recent disappearance of a Washington intern.… (more)

Ellen Byerrum is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,764,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible