Apart from the Crowd by Anna McPartlin

Apart from the Crowd

by Anna McPartlin

The talented and critically acclaimed author of "Pack Up the Moon" returns with this honest and heartfelt story of five friends who must sort out their messy lives by saving each other.

This book was okay. I don't think there was anything extraordinary about it. If you are into chick-lit then you might like it, its just not my style of book. My best friend loves Anna McPartlin novels. ( )
  Anietzerck | Dec 28, 2014 |
  Anietzerck | Mar 17, 2011 |
Very slow start, took forever to get into this book. Plot was very drawn out, and to be honest, quite depressing. I wouldn't recommend this. ( )
  curvymommy | Oct 19, 2008 |
What "Apart From the Crowd" lacks in lyrical quality or impressive writing it more than makes up for with a captivating story, warm characters and substance. Mary is an incredibly flawed but beautiful character as she learns how to release herself from the many hurts life has offered her, and Sam arrives in town to remind her what it is to feel truly connected to another person. She, in turn, brings him back to life. They're not the central "tenants" of the story, though -- many other people in the small Irish town of Kenmare journey through Mary and Sam's lives while trying to figure out their own. I especially loved the story of Ivan, Mary's cousin, and his own release from past hurts.

While I was a bit distracted by the clunky prose at points, "Apart From the Crowd" was an engrossing story of love, loss and redemption. It managed to explore many personal, romantic and professional issues without belaboring them -- and was far less predictable than I originally feared. An enjoyable read! ( )
  writemeg | Oct 17, 2008 |

Poolbeg Press

2 editions of this book were published by Poolbeg Press.

Editions: 184223269X, 1842232894

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,601,731 books! | Top bar: Always visible