Fortunes of War by Stephen Coonts

Fortunes of War (1998)

by Stephen Coonts

Pages ripped from history...in this case, the American Volunteer Group (Flying Tigers) of pre WWII fame. This time with a squadron of F-22s and some ex and aging fighter pilots versus a new, secret and stealthy Japanese Zero. Exciting read, if a little light on the technology and naive in it's politics. Yes, there's lots of technology in here, it's just not all exactly right. And, to imagine that a(nother) sino soviet war could exist without US intervention? Hmmm? Those concerns aside, it was a fun and invigorating read/listen. ( )
  buffalogr | Oct 22, 2015 |
It seems like it's taken me forever to read this book, which it would seem it really should not have been. I really enjoyed this book and I'm disappointed that it's taken me so long to finish it. I am going to put in my "To Read Again" category -- one I don't currently have -- because I really enjoyed it but because it seems to have taken me so long to read I'm not sure how much I actually enjoyed it ... so I need to reread it. ( )
  Adrianne_p | Jul 19, 2009 |
To Deborah

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312969414, Mass Market Paperback)

Four Japanese nationalists storm Tokyo's imperial palace and behead the emperor. Their goal: to invade Russia and conquer oil-rich Siberia in order to dominate the globe. Soon the world explodes in war, as Japan, Russia and the United States go head-to-head in a struggle that threatens total destruction. Now three men from three different nations must meet their ultimate challenge: to fight as patriots in a war driven by greed and madness--and save the planet from nothing less than a full-scale nuclear attack.
Stephen Coonts' Fortunes of War is an explosive, action-packed thriller.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:43 -0400)

The fate of the world hangs in the balance when three military heroes, U.S. Air Force Colonel Bob Cassidy, Japanese Captain Jiro Kimura, and Russian submarine commander Captain Pavel Saratov become locked in a battle over control of oil-rich Siberia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,946,825 books! | Top bar: Always visible