The Clique by Lisi Harrison

English (51)  Spanish (1)  All languages (52)
I found it kind of ridiculous. It's probably only really good for middle-schoolers. ( )
  scote23 | Mar 30, 2013 |
Pages: 220
Reading Level: 5.5

This fast and thrilling read about middle school girls is sure to capture the attention of many readers. However, it does have distasteful parts that make me weary to bring it into the classroom. This book includes many cruel jokes, girl gossip, and exclusion based on popularity. These are not traits I want to see my students portraying, however I know many girls will be into this series. I would only see myself using it in a classroom if I was going to talk about peer pressure and other such teenage characteristics.
  TamaraBronson | Jan 27, 2013 |
This book represents petty middle school girl drama. It shows what an outsider (Claire) has to go through in order to fit in. The book is pretty funny and shows how ridiculous girls can act in order to get what they want. A good book for someone who wants to read about girls, boys, drama, and fashion. This book is the first of a series.
1 vote StephBecker | Dec 4, 2012 |
The clique is a good book for girls. It is all about these mean girls that are in a clique . They bully Claire, because she is not fun and as cool as they are. The clique's head member Massie makes all the rules and doesn't like Claire, so gives her a miserable life. At the end Claire and Massie don't each other are so bad anymore and soon become friends becuase Claire saves Massie when her dad was imbrassing her. ( )
  cghtdh | Oct 30, 2012 |
This book was very entertaining!I loved how Lisa Harrison mixed two different personalities in The Clique,
Prada and Gap! This book was so interesting I couldn't stop...I just had to continue to next one! ( )
  maddieperez | Sep 21, 2012 |
The Clique... the only thing harder than getting in is staying in.

Book

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:13 -0400)

Wealthy Massie is determined to exclude middle class Claire, the daughter of her father's old friend, from her seventh-grade clique at a very exclusive private school in Westchester, New York, but after Massie steals her only friend, Claire strikes back.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,628,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible