Six Dinner Sid by Inga Moore

Six Dinner Sid

by Inga Moore

A clever kitty manages to convince six different humans - all of them neighbors on Aristotle Street - that he is their cat, thereby obtaining six comfortable beds, six different forms of petting (all in pleasurable spots), and best of all - six dinners. Of course, our wily feline has to work hard at being six different kinds of cat, but all goes well until he gets a cold and is taken to the vet - six times! When his game is finally rumbled, and the Aristotle Street neighbors decide that Sid should be limited to one dinner(!), our redoubtable hero acts quickly, moving to Pythagoras Place, where he gets up to his old tricks. This time however, Six-Dinner Sid's humans are very much aware of his predilection for roaming, and take it in stride.

This adorable book had me chuckling on my morning commute. It is clear that Inga Moore knows cats, as her humorous story and lovely artwork both capture that essential feline charm. What cat wouldn't like to eat six dinners - judging from the cat companions I have ever known over the years, none - or to have six adoring humans waiting upon him? The illustrations are every bit as engaging as the story: expressive, humorous, and heartwarming. I particularly liked Sid's expressions of pleasure, as his six owners pet and scratch him; and his disgruntlement, as he is given six doses of medicine. Six-Dinner Sid is just a wonderful picture-book, and I wholeheartedly recommend it to cat lovers young and old. I'll have to see if I can track down the sequel, Six Dinner Sid: A Highland Adventure. ( )
1 vote AbigailAdams26 | Apr 17, 2013 |
Sid a cat taken into the Scottish Highlands by its owners meets Jock a wildcat.
  markmit | Dec 5, 2011 |
A tale of a cat who would visit six homes every day for six dinners a day. When the families of this cat get wise he moves on to another street spreading his love for people and their food.
  djb016 | Apr 29, 2011 |
You have to love this very kitty-like cat :) Very well illustrated. ( )
  AnneDenney | Jan 9, 2011 |
If you have or know a cat, you'll be able to identify with the sentiments expressed in this wonderful book. ( )
  Tselja | Jun 15, 2010 |

Six-Dinner Sid is a Smarties Prize Winner and a NCTE Notable Children's Books in the Language Arts Selection.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:39 -0400)

Sid the cat plays the pet of six different owners on Aristotle Street so that he can get six dinners every night.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,701,541 books! | Top bar: Always visible