How Do Apples Grow? (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out…

How Do Apples Grow? (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science)

by Betsy Maestro

5811217,011 (4)None
Recently added byprivate library, ItoLina, johnstonr, maddiemoof, lolpast, sherryearly, JulieESL

A nonfiction book about apples. It goes into great detail with question and answers all about apples. A child can pick up a lot of information about this topic. The book is really good, even the teacher could learn a thing or too. The artwork pairs perfectly with the book. ( )
  jaelynculliford | Oct 2, 2014 |
This is a great story to use during the fall or during apple themes because it talks all about how apples grow. It goes through each of the different seasons and what happens to the apple tree during that time. I like this book because it is easy for children to understand but it still gives them correct information about the life cycle of an apple tree. I think this book would work great for any elementary age student.
  Jennah2010 | Oct 19, 2013 |
This book is about apples; how they grow, get fertilized, and the cycle they go through each year. I did not like this book. I thought it was wordy and difficult to follow. It never really kept my attention and I was easily distracted while trying to read it.
The best part of the book was the illustrations. I thought the pictures stayed with the story line and told a better story then the words of the book. This book would not be my first choice for talking to kids about how plants grow and develop. ( )
  JCHolmes | Jan 16, 2013 |
If you have ever wondered how fruit is formed on a tree, this book describes in detail how it works. The book is filled with colorful illustrations and diagrams that explain how apples are formed from the flowers that apple trees produce. It is very informative for children and adults such as myself. ( )
  dbcollin | Sep 16, 2012 |
the book is about the process an apple tree grows through bfrom seed to fruit. The book is old, the pictures and style is old, but it is very informative and worth keeping in a collection because the terms and information is still correct. ( )
1 vote dpiacun | Jun 25, 2012 |

Have you ever eaten part of a flower? You have if you have eaten an apple! Find out how an apple grows from bud to flower to fruit--ready for you to pick!

Have you ever eaten a part of a flower? You have if you have eaten an apple! Find out how an apple grows from bud to flower to fruit--ready for you to pick!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:36 -0400)

Describes the life cycle of an apple from its initial appearance as a spring bud to that point in time when it becomes a fully ripe fruit.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,898,674 books! | Top bar: Always visible