Die Herren der Unterwelt 01. Schwarze Nacht…

Die Herren der Unterwelt 01. Schwarze Nacht (1 mp3-CD) (edition 2013)

by Gena Showalter

Member:mixalina
Title:Die Herren der Unterwelt 01. Schwarze Nacht (1 mp3-CD)
Authors:Gena Showalter
Info:Lagato (2013), Ausgabe: 1, Audio CD, 1 Seiten
Collections:gelesen
Tags:Hörbuch, Kindle Fire, Audible, HB2012

The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter

English (65)  German (1)  All languages (66)
I really enjoyed this book - the first half was captivating. Later it began to follow the more predicable path of paranormal romance series. But it was great and I will read the rest of the series. ( )
  bell96 | Feb 2, 2016 |
It feels like a watered down version of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. I did not get drawn into the story as I did with BDB. The characters did not make me want more ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
First let me say, just so that it is not mistaken or lost in translation somewhere else in this review, this book is HOT. It is so hot I had to take breaks and fan myself while reading, not really, but you get the idea. I love the characters in this book, and the story premise, I was surprised when I started reading since I had never read a book, romance or otherwise, that was based on the Pandora's Box legend. I enjoy the witty banter between the "Lords" as well as the interludes that explain each of the demons and a bit more about the guys. I am curious about Cameo...being the only women in the bunch...if her demon (sorrow) affects her any differently than it does the men. I can't wait to see her book...and I hope that Torin is in it. This story line is fresh and new and sure to be a crowd pleaser all the way through the series. I am wanting Amun (secrets) and Aeron's (Wrath) stories already...jeez...on to the next book. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
This was a really good beginning to a series. Lots of twists and turns, betrayals and revelations. A helluva lot happened and looks like there's a ton more to come. It wasn't as steamy as I like to but the love scenes did work for the relationship the couple had. Ashlyn has an intriguing ability and I hope to see her use it to help the Lords defeat their enemies. She was a heroine you could really get behind. Courageous, determined without being bossy or brash. She was nice without the desperate simpering. And even though I rolled my eyes at yet another virginal heroine, the reason behind it was completely believable given her special talent. Maddox didn't grab me like a hero usually does but I still rooted for him to get his HEA.

I'm already fascinated by Gideon, Torin, Amun...oh hell, I want to get to know them all! Lucien's book is up next and I can't wait to see him and Anya get together. Smart mouthed daughter of a goddess you can tell she's going to give Death himself a run for his money. ( )
  Akaria | May 13, 2015 |
icked this one up because several of my friends are obsessed with this series. So I had pretty high expectations going in and was left a little disappointed.

Zeus's warriors made the mistake of opening Pandora's box and unleashed demons onto the Earth. As a punishment, Zeus cursed each of the warriors to confine a demon within their body. Oddly enough, those demons manifested as big arse butterfly tattoos on each of them. I don't understand that connection, but okay, whatever. Each demon the warriors took have a defining characteristic. Maddox, the hero of this story, has the demon, violence. He also won a bonus curse of having to die every night at midnight. After centuries of living with this curse, Maddox's brooding is interrupted when a woman appears claiming to need the warriors' help.

I enjoyed the mythology Showalter inserts into this book, but (as usual) I couldn't get into the captive heroine plot. Its a fairly typical, heroine is locked away by the hero and for inexplicable reasons falls in love with him, story. So, I was bored most of the time. I might try to continue this series to see if I like any of the other books better, but I'm not holding my breath. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373772467, Mass Market Paperback)

All her life, Ashlyn Darrow has been tormented by voices from the past. To end the nightmare, she has come to Budapest seeking help from men rumored to have supernatural abilities, not knowing she'll be swept into the arms of Maddox, their most dangerous member--a man trapped in a hell of his own.

Neither can resist the instant hunger that calms their torments...and ignites an irresistible passion. But every heated touch and burning kiss will edge them closer to destruction--and a soul-shattering test of love....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:28 -0400)

To silence the voices in her head, Ashlyn Darrow arrives in Budapest where she, seeking help from men rumored to have supernatural abilities, is drawn to their most dangerous member, Maddox, who is trapped in a hell of his own.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,086,131 books! | Top bar: Always visible