Die Herren der Unterwelt 01. Schwarze Nacht…

Die Herren der Unterwelt 01. Schwarze Nacht (1 mp3-CD) (edition 2013)

by Gena Showalter

1,137None7,183 (3.85)45
Member:mixalina
Title:Die Herren der Unterwelt 01. Schwarze Nacht (1 mp3-CD)
Authors:Gena Showalter
Info:Lagato (2013), Ausgabe: 1, Audio CD, 1 Seiten
Collections:gelesen
Tags:Hörbuch, Kindle Fire, Audible, HB2012

The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter

English (55)  German (1)  All languages (56)
Just not for me. I read 245 pages, really hoping it would take off, but it was mainly about Maddox beating things while obsessing about Ashlyn. ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
My first time reading this author and I felt as the story was entertaining. It's a different twist on the supernatural, with former warriors having been bound and cursed with demons, all because of Pandora and the infamous box.

Maddox (who's paired up with the demon of violence), didn't really do much for me. But I would guess it's hard to come across nice when one is driven past the point of rage, and who has to die every night at midnight. I did feel sympathy for Ashlyn, who unfortunately is able to hear every conversation that has ever taken place wherever she happens to be on the globe. I mean hell, I tune out present conversations at times, no telling how insane I'd be if I had to endure hearing EVERY conversation, from any time period, no matter how long ago a conversation occurred. I just wish it was explained exactly how/why that happened to her.

Throw in Hunters (mortal men who are intent on finding the box and putting the demons back inside), and Bait (women who are supposed to set up the warriors), and you've got an interesting mix; especially once it's revealed who one of the Hunters is.

Not a bad start to the series, although the ending was somewhat predictable. I plan on reading the series, especially since I can't wait to get to Aeron's and Torin's books. ( )
  scottnl | Nov 24, 2013 |

I just finished this and am only so-so pleased/intrigued. I love the premise but I'm not sure about the writing. I have read other Gina Showalter books and have really liked 'em, so....

Seeing that the ratings seem to get higher and higher, with each new book in the series, I am going to continue with this series.

I should say that I was satisfied with the ending and as I said, the storyline in general.

L ( )
  LisaT131 | Sep 21, 2013 |
Read book originally. Enjoyed the story.

Listening to audiobook.

Still enjoy the story. Can't stand the narrator. He sounds like Christian Bale as Batman. He's trying too hard.

mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
I received this book in exchange for a honest unbiased review~~~
The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter

This author knows how to deliver a book let alone the start of a series that I plan on devouring in the course of the next few months. I LOVED IT!!! This is a hot sexy intriguing read. I wanted to steal Maddox for myself after reading this. The characters are to die for and the scenrey the author delivers makes you feel as though you were there. I even cried toward the end since I was so emotionally wrapped up in this book. I was hook, line, and sunk after the first chapter that I couldn't and wouldn't put the book down for the life of me. This is a great dark dirty thriving emotional book full of mystery excitement and intrigue. I love the story and I love the Greek references in the book with Pandora's box, Gods, and Titans. Can't wait to find out what happens next!!!! GO GENA GO ENTHRALL ME IN THE NEXT BOOK!!! ( )
  Merisha_Abbott | Aug 1, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373772467, Mass Market Paperback)

All her life, Ashlyn Darrow has been tormented by voices from the past. To end the nightmare, she has come to Budapest seeking help from men rumored to have supernatural abilities, not knowing she'll be swept into the arms of Maddox, their most dangerous member--a man trapped in a hell of his own.

Neither can resist the instant hunger that calms their torments...and ignites an irresistible passion. But every heated touch and burning kiss will edge them closer to destruction--and a soul-shattering test of love....

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:37 -0400)

To silence the voices in her head, Ashlyn Darrow arrives in Budapest where she, seeking help from men rumored to have supernatural abilities, is drawn to their most dangerous member, Maddox, who is trapped in a hell of his own.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,455,722 books! | Top bar: Always visible