Die Herren der Unterwelt 01. Schwarze Nacht…

Die Herren der Unterwelt 01. Schwarze Nacht (1 mp3-CD) (edition 2013)

by Gena Showalter

Member:mixalina
Title:Die Herren der Unterwelt 01. Schwarze Nacht (1 mp3-CD)
Authors:Gena Showalter
Info:Lagato (2013), Ausgabe: 1, Audio CD, 1 Seiten
Collections:gelesen
Tags:Hörbuch, Kindle Fire, Audible, HB2012

The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter

English (74)  German (1)  All (75)
I liked The Darkest Night well enough, it wasn't a book that's going to stay with me for years to come but it's a good enough read that you can enjoy it while reading it and read the others when you're looking for something to read in between series.

The characters are likable but not lovable, I found it to be well written but not hugely engaging it didn't pull me in, The idea of the story is an interesting concept and is executed reasonably well.

Generally I liked the book but didn't love it. I will go on to read the next book in the series eventually and I would encourage people to give this book a go and see what you think. ( )
  Arabbitinwonderland | Mar 30, 2017 |

PNR.... I prefer UF, yes, definitely UF. Somehow the characters seem more realistic (as realistic as vampires /werewolves/demons/Angels can be), as do the emotions, relationships and dilemmas.
PNR on the other hand are usually bigger than life, over the top romance. The heroine is usually a strong women yet in need of a rescue yet feisty, oh sooooo feisty (it's hard to be a heroine these days, you need to be a damsel in distress without being a damsel in distress). And the hero, tortured, brooding and strong, give or take humor, who usually needs rescue from himself.
I'm an eyes roller, yes I am.

But sometimes I, too, find that a good over the top affair is just what I need.

I enjoyed this one. I thought the world Gena Showalter created is very interesting and captivating. I also liked the secondary characters. The only problem I had with the book was that I didn't really care about the H/H. She was ok and he was fine, but I just didn't..... You know? I wanted to be swept away and I wasn't.

But I do want to read more about this world. Who knows , maybe my prince is just around the corner...

veredi | Mar 25, 2017 |

I'm an eyes roller, yes I am.

But sometimes I, too, find that a good over the top affair is just what I need.

veredi | Mar 25, 2017 |
I've heard great things about this series. I'm very glad that I finally checked it out. It has lots of sexiness, action and a really good story going on. All of the Lords are stuck with a demon. There's a battle brewing. I'll definitely keep to reading to see where it goes. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

Gena Showalterprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bellmore, MaxNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It is unclear whether this is the novel The Darkest Night or the manga The Darkest Night 1. Do not combine with either unless you are sure.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373772467, Mass Market Paperback)

All her life, Ashlyn Darrow has been tormented by voices from the past. To end the nightmare, she has come to Budapest seeking help from men rumored to have supernatural abilities, not knowing she'll be swept into the arms of Maddox, their most dangerous member--a man trapped in a hell of his own.

Neither can resist the instant hunger that calms their torments...and ignites an irresistible passion. But every heated touch and burning kiss will edge them closer to destruction--and a soul-shattering test of love....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:28 -0400)

To silence the voices in her head, Ashlyn Darrow arrives in Budapest where she, seeking help from men rumored to have supernatural abilities, is drawn to their most dangerous member, Maddox, who is trapped in a hell of his own.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,415,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible