Decadent (A Wicked Lovers Novel) by Shayla…

Decadent (A Wicked Lovers Novel) (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Shayla Black

2031157,794 (3.88)2
Member:kferry
Title:Decadent (A Wicked Lovers Novel)
Authors:Shayla Black
Info:Berkley Trade (2007), Edition: 1ST, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:***

Decadent by Shayla Black (2007)

Recently added byprivate library, Dinajc, msralways, atcolorado, Kate.Good, libra79, CMBlaker, JoMcD, chantelrom

Amazing!
I started this book thinking that I was just going to get some hot sex
scenes without any actual plot in it, but boy was I wrong! There was
plenty of some of the most hot and steamy sex scenes that I have ever
read here, but there was also the story of two people, maybe three, that
was deep and made me want to cry and throw my Kindle at the nearest
wall such was my frustration with the characters. A very compelling
story with some very compelling characters. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
First let me say that through most of this book I wanted to take Deke Trenton out and use a flogger on his ass, more than once. I have a weak spot of tragic heroes but the guilt this man is carrying around is enough to drown a horse. He has let the death of his first girlfriend shape his entire life. He has also used his cousin and best friend as a safety blanket to keep from having to feel anything of the women that they have shared. It doesn't help that Luc Traverson isn't much better. He is hiding a secret that only complicates matters when everything blows up. This whole story is a Greek Tragedy from the very beginning.

Second we have Kimber Edgington. She thinks that she can learn all she needs to know about ménages and still keep her virginity. She propositions Deke and Luc to help with her education and then get upset because Deke isn't emotionally involved, he is but he fights his feeling tooth and nail. Kimber thinks that she is in love with a pop rock star Jesse McCall. She is hard headed and deaf to Deke when he tries to make her see that Jesse is just a crush. I understand some of Kimber's stubbornness she was raised without a Mother by a military father and two Navy SEALs as brothers. Another part of Kimber’s problems is that she is a tomboy, still, and she has been teased enough to have a confidence problem with her femininity. I did like Kimber for the most part. She is strong, intelligent and compassionate. She is also understanding and caring to a fault at times.

Luc Traverson is a successful chef and restaurant owner. He is smart, caring and gentle most of the time. He does have bouts of extreme sexual behavior that shame him. I am hoping that we learn why in the next book. Some of his secrets are revealed in this story and therefore they can’t be revealed in this review. I did like Luc. He is the peace maker in this ménage. He is the one that wants a permanent ménage relationship. He like Kimber a lot but never really loves her. There is one scene that hints at who his HEA is in this story. It will be interesting to see how that relationship works out.

I was glad that everything worked out for all the characters. The villain in this piece is a greedy, power hungry man that can’t see that things aren't what they seem. He causes quite a bit of hurt and destruction before he is caught. It was a little bit of a surprise when his identity is revealed. We are also introduced to Kimber's brothers Hunter and Logan. I am hoping that there will be books for these two men that she thinks of as fire and ice.

Finally this book is smoking hot. It will scorch your fingers every time these three, Deke, Luc and Kimber, get together. There is no male on male sex in this book. There is a little bondage and some play with toys but no real Domination and submission. ( )
  LadyIsis | Jun 28, 2014 |
Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Decadent was Shayla Black’s #2 book in her Wicked Lovers series. After finishing Wicked Ties I was more than eager to start on book 2.

About the book (Cover):

Two men are better than one…

How can a virgin seeking happily-ever-after with a hot pop star who has a penchant for threesomes win her fantasy man? Kimber Edgington desperately needs a plan to convince Jesse McCall, who’s been her friend and secret crush since they spent a summer together as teenagers, that they are meant for each other. But all the tabloid stories about his sexual escapades make her feel oh-so inadequate.
Determined to prove she’s woman enough for Jesse, Kimber turns to bodyguard Deke Trenton for sexual education. Bold and brash, Deke warns Kimber that playing with him is playing with fire. But he can’t bear to imagine the innocent beauty in someone else’s arms. So Deke and his super-sexy friend, Luc, take Kimber under their wings and dangerously close to the edge of ecstasy. Though she’s saved herself for Jesse, Kimber soon learns, he’s not the man adept at stoking her aching, endless need. That’s Deke, and he can’t resist when Kimber begs for more–and more…

Review:

Okay, so where to start?! This book definitely lived up to it’s expectations. Now while Wicked Ties in my book (love Jack) was much more to my liking, Decadent didn’t fail to disappoint. My only hang up in this book was the heroine Kimber. At first, I just didn’t get the whole “I’m in love with a guy who lives the menage lifestyle and so I need some training in the menage lifestyle so I can show the guy I am in love with that we are meant to be together.” The man she is supposedly in love with is Jesse, a rock star, and her relationship with Jesse is best characterized as pen pals. This just struck me as odd and while I kept an open mind about this situation to get into the book, I feel as though it was so the wrong message.

Kimber and Deke of course have chemistry, which they both try to fight, from the start. Luc isn’t too shabby either. *grins* There is quite a backstory with Deke and Kimber where he was infatuated with her as an teen and had to eventually push her away due to that fact and the fact that her father was his boss! Well now…Kimber is a grown woman and Deke, still fighting his attraction is basically talked into doing the ménage with her for one week of “training” by his cousin, Luc.

If this setup isn’t bad enough, Kimber is a VIRGIN and she wants to maintain her virginity for her rocker boyfriend who is into menages. So while Deke chooses to fulfill her favor of being introduced to the menage lifestyle, he must do it without breaking the hymenal barrier. *falls off the couch laughing at that thought*

As an aside, it’s really special that in this threesome, one of the guys is dark and one is tawny haired. I think that there must be some rule that threesomes involve two different looking guys – one light and one dark. Maybe a guy’s fantasy is that the two women look the same – you know, like twins – but women’s fantasies are way evolved and include two DIFFERENT looking guys.

The ending of the book will of course knock your socks off and as always Ms. Black does NOT disappoint with the action and mystery involved in this book.

Out of it all, would have to give this 4 out of 5 stars for a good read. ( )
  Deserie.Comfort | May 10, 2012 |
I'm not sure what the best way is for me to talk about this book. I'm no prude--I read romance and erotica, and I like my fair share of both--but I found myself practically laughing throughout this book. There was just something about the main female character, Kimber, that was so unattractively damsel-in-distress-ish that I didn't care at all what happened to her. The two males, Luc and Deke, I found to be too similar and unrealistically MALE. Fine enough if you like wish fulfillment and dream-come-true romantic endings, but I was ambivalent at the end of this. ( )
  stephxsu | Nov 4, 2010 |

She may not be what she seems...

How can a virgin seeking happily-ever-after with a hot pop star who has a penchant for threesomes win her fantasy man? Kimber Edgington desperately needs a plan to convince Jesse McCall, who’s been her secret crush since they spent a summer together as teenagers, that they are meant for each other. But all the tabloid stories about his sexual escapades make her feel oh so inadequate.

But she’s exactly what men want.

Determined to prove she’s woman enough for Jesse, Kimber turns to bodyguard Deke Trenton for sexual education. Bold and brash, Deke warns Kimber that playing with him is playing with fire. But he can’t bear to imagine the innocent beauty in someone else’s arms. So Deke and his super-sexy friend, Luc, take Kimber under their wings and dangerously close to the edge of ecstasy. Though she’s saved herself for Jesse, Kimber soon learns he’s not the man adept at stoking her aching, endless need. That’s Deke, and he can’t resist when Kimber begs for more—and more...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:44 -0400)

Kimber Edgington is a virgin with a crush-on a pop star with a penchant for threesomes. Determined to prove that she's woman enough for singer Jesse McCall, Kimber turns to bodyguard Deke Trenton for sexual education...lessons that include his super-sexy friend Luc. Though she's saved herself for Jesse, Kimber soon learns that he's not the man adept at stoking her aching, endless need. That's Deke, and he can't resist when Kimber begs for more-and more.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,705,486 books! | Top bar: Always visible