Decadent (A Wicked Lovers Novel) by Shayla…

Decadent (A Wicked Lovers Novel) (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Shayla Black

194None60,570 (3.81)2
Member:kferry
Title:Decadent (A Wicked Lovers Novel)
Authors:Shayla Black
Info:Berkley Trade (2007), Edition: 1ST, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:***

Decadent by Shayla Black (2007)

Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Decadent was Shayla Black’s #2 book in her Wicked Lovers series. After finishing Wicked Ties I was more than eager to start on book 2.

About the book (Cover):

Two men are better than one…

How can a virgin seeking happily-ever-after with a hot pop star who has a penchant for threesomes win her fantasy man? Kimber Edgington desperately needs a plan to convince Jesse McCall, who’s been her friend and secret crush since they spent a summer together as teenagers, that they are meant for each other. But all the tabloid stories about his sexual escapades make her feel oh-so inadequate.
Determined to prove she’s woman enough for Jesse, Kimber turns to bodyguard Deke Trenton for sexual education. Bold and brash, Deke warns Kimber that playing with him is playing with fire. But he can’t bear to imagine the innocent beauty in someone else’s arms. So Deke and his super-sexy friend, Luc, take Kimber under their wings and dangerously close to the edge of ecstasy. Though she’s saved herself for Jesse, Kimber soon learns, he’s not the man adept at stoking her aching, endless need. That’s Deke, and he can’t resist when Kimber begs for more–and more…

Review:

Okay, so where to start?! This book definitely lived up to it’s expectations. Now while Wicked Ties in my book (love Jack) was much more to my liking, Decadent didn’t fail to disappoint. My only hang up in this book was the heroine Kimber. At first, I just didn’t get the whole “I’m in love with a guy who lives the menage lifestyle and so I need some training in the menage lifestyle so I can show the guy I am in love with that we are meant to be together.” The man she is supposedly in love with is Jesse, a rock star, and her relationship with Jesse is best characterized as pen pals. This just struck me as odd and while I kept an open mind about this situation to get into the book, I feel as though it was so the wrong message.

Kimber and Deke of course have chemistry, which they both try to fight, from the start. Luc isn’t too shabby either. *grins* There is quite a backstory with Deke and Kimber where he was infatuated with her as an teen and had to eventually push her away due to that fact and the fact that her father was his boss! Well now…Kimber is a grown woman and Deke, still fighting his attraction is basically talked into doing the ménage with her for one week of “training” by his cousin, Luc.

If this setup isn’t bad enough, Kimber is a VIRGIN and she wants to maintain her virginity for her rocker boyfriend who is into menages. So while Deke chooses to fulfill her favor of being introduced to the menage lifestyle, he must do it without breaking the hymenal barrier. *falls off the couch laughing at that thought*

As an aside, it’s really special that in this threesome, one of the guys is dark and one is tawny haired. I think that there must be some rule that threesomes involve two different looking guys – one light and one dark. Maybe a guy’s fantasy is that the two women look the same – you know, like twins – but women’s fantasies are way evolved and include two DIFFERENT looking guys.

The ending of the book will of course knock your socks off and as always Ms. Black does NOT disappoint with the action and mystery involved in this book.

Out of it all, would have to give this 4 out of 5 stars for a good read. ( )
  Deserie.Comfort | May 10, 2012 |
I'm not sure what the best way is for me to talk about this book. I'm no prude--I read romance and erotica, and I like my fair share of both--but I found myself practically laughing throughout this book. There was just something about the main female character, Kimber, that was so unattractively damsel-in-distress-ish that I didn't care at all what happened to her. The two males, Luc and Deke, I found to be too similar and unrealistically MALE. Fine enough if you like wish fulfillment and dream-come-true romantic endings, but I was ambivalent at the end of this. ( )
  stephxsu | Nov 4, 2010 |
A very sexy and spicy book, yes, but overall this is one of those books in which the potential is better than the actuality. The two main characters, Kimber and Deke, are very irritating. She's a love-sick ninny just asking to be taken for granted. He's a melodramatic jerk lacking coping skills. His whole issue about pregnancy just never worked for me; he came across as a ridiculous prima donna. The most interesting character was Luc, and I wish he'd gotten more "screen" time than he did. Also, the plot didn't exactly come together. The relationship angle between Kimber, Deke, and Luc was pretty solid, but the suspense aspect of someone being after Kimber felt like it was tossed in to create dramatic situations. It didn't really connect with the larger story of the happy threesome. ( )
  TheBooknerd | Oct 14, 2010 |
Review for "Decadent" by Shayla Black

Kimber wants to be pop star Jesse's dream girl. To do this she thinks she needs to leave her innocences behind. Kimber asks Deke and Luc to be her quide in the world of kinky sex. I loved the first half of the book, then it was all crying, guilt and painful secrets.

I loved the bloom of Kimber, Deke and Luc's relationship in the beginning. The bounderies came down. For a few moments they seemed complete. Then jealousy and expectations tore it asunder. I hate reality. ( )
  mary1963 | Jul 12, 2010 |

She may not be what she seems...

How can a virgin seeking happily-ever-after with a hot pop star who has a penchant for threesomes win her fantasy man? Kimber Edgington desperately needs a plan to convince Jesse McCall, who’s been her secret crush since they spent a summer together as teenagers, that they are meant for each other. But all the tabloid stories about his sexual escapades make her feel oh so inadequate.

But she’s exactly what men want.

Determined to prove she’s woman enough for Jesse, Kimber turns to bodyguard Deke Trenton for sexual education. Bold and brash, Deke warns Kimber that playing with him is playing with fire. But he can’t bear to imagine the innocent beauty in someone else’s arms. So Deke and his super-sexy friend, Luc, take Kimber under their wings and dangerously close to the edge of ecstasy. Though she’s saved herself for Jesse, Kimber soon learns he’s not the man adept at stoking her aching, endless need. That’s Deke, and he can’t resist when Kimber begs for more—and more...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:44 -0400)

Kimber Edgington is a virgin with a crush-on a pop star with a penchant for threesomes. Determined to prove that she's woman enough for singer Jesse McCall, Kimber turns to bodyguard Deke Trenton for sexual education...lessons that include his super-sexy friend Luc. Though she's saved herself for Jesse, Kimber soon learns that he's not the man adept at stoking her aching, endless need. That's Deke, and he can't resist when Kimber begs for more-and more.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,411,891 books! | Top bar: Always visible