The Accidental Mistress by Tracy Anne Warren

Read this book twice. I had forgotten that I had already read it. This comes to the crux of the problem with this book. It has great characters and great scenes and talented writing, but it still fails to stand out from the many other historical romances. It feels like she came up with certain tableaus and then wrote the book to fill in around those moments.

I have immensely enjoyed her "Husband Test" series and did not find this to be a problem in those books. ( )
  ClosetWryter | Mar 3, 2014 |
The second in the Mistress series, this is an enjoyable, engaging read. I really enjoyed how the charcters from the prior novel are part of this one as well in a significant way. ( )
  snugasa | Mar 4, 2010 |
Loved it, so far it is the best of the Trilogy. I loved the playfulness, I might have to go out and buy this one. This book made me smile on more then once. Lily and Ethan where enjoyable main characters.
  Frozeninside | Jan 9, 2010 |
For my sister, Victoria. Talented chef, avid ronance reader, and devoted lover of dogs.
Only a few more yards, Lily Bainbridge told herself.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345495403, Mass Market Paperback)

He will expose her masquerade, but she will expose his heart.

To escape an arranged marriage, spirited Lily Bainbridge has staged her own death, and, disguised as a boy, she fled to London and a life of freedom. Yet her plans to live masquerade as an independent widow are thwarted by an encounter with a powerful and dangerously attractive marquis who wants to make her his mistress. Lily is afraid that if she gives him her innocence, he’ll steal her heart.

Having agreed to a marriage of convenience to honor his family duty, Ethan Andarton, the Marquis of Vessey, has no intention of abandoning his rakish ways. Then fate intervenes in the guise of an impetuous young lady–a woman bold enough to scheme her way to London, who tempts him with her mystery and her sensuality. Kiss after kiss, caress after tender caress, Ethan vows to discover all of Lily’s hidden secrets. For beneath the layers of her clever ruse lies a burning passion that will ignite a tempestuous love neither of them can deny.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:57 -0400)

To escape an arranged marriage, Lily Bainbridge staged her own death and, disguised as a boy, fled to London. Her plan to live as a widow is thwarted by an encounter with Ethan Andarton, the Marquis of Vessey, who wants to make her his mistress.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,025,167 books! | Top bar: Always visible