I am a Bunny by Ole Risom

I am a Bunny (1963)

by Ole Risom

Other authors: Richard Scarry (Illustrator)

I remember this book so fondly from when I was a kid, and my two year old son enjoys it now as well. This is probably the only book he can "read along" (i.e., recite) pretty much all of the words. I don't think he really gets the concept of seasons yet, but he loves to name all the animals and plants in the book. The illustrations are the cutest! ( )
  sansmerci | Sep 8, 2013 |
Nicholas explains that he is, indeed, a bunny. He explains the seasons and his favorite aspect of each, such as "chasing the butterflies and letting the butterflies chase me" during spring and summer.

This is great for young readers and listeners. I read it to my 11 month old every night before bed. He loves the wonderful Richard Scarry illustrations most of all. ( )
  JusticeEvans | Mar 18, 2012 |
A boardbook for young children on describing onesself.
  Folkshul | Jan 15, 2011 |
Oh my, I remember the pictures from when I was little... Such a cute book. ( )
  AnneDenney | Jan 15, 2011 |
“I am a Bunny” is a simple little story about a little male rabbit named Nicholas who tells what he enjoys about each season of the year. The book is structured as a board book. The illustrations are vivid in color and include other animals in the visual image of the season. As you hold the book open, the left and right pages form one picture showing Nicholas enjoying an activity for that season.

I felt this book to be a good book to introduce the seasons of the year. Its strength is in the pictures which are very detailed around the season. I especially like the way you are viewing only one picture when you hold the book open avoiding any distraction from the page you are reading. I also liked the simple words used to describe Nicholas’ thoughts which are written in a language for beginning readers.

In the classroom a teacher could use the book to initiate a discussion about the changing seasons of the year. These discussions could allow the teacher to encourage the students to make new discoveries about the world around them. Science lessons about nature could be supported with the visual images in the book. These images show the changes in plant life, weather, and how the animals are preparing for that season. ( )
  Chiree | Sep 5, 2009 |

Risom, Oleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Scarry, RichardIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0375827781, Board book)

I am a bunny. My name is Nicholas. I live in a hollow tree.

In the spring, Nicholas likes to sniff the flowers, and in the summer, watch the frogs in the pond. In the fall, he watches the animals getting ready for winter, and in winter, watches the snow falling from the sky. This beautifully illustrated, gentle story is one of Golden’s most beloved titles.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:38 -0400)

Nicholas the bunny describes his activities during different seasons. I am a bunny. My name is Nicholas. I live in a hollow tree. In the spring, Nicholas likes to sniff the flowers, and in the summer, watch the frogs in the pond. In the fall, he watches the animals getting ready for winter, and in winter, watches the snow falling from the sky. This beautifully illustrated, gentle story is one of Goldenb2ss most beloved titles.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,996,276 books! | Top bar: Always visible