Along Came a Spider by James Patterson

Along Came a Spider

by James Patterson

Series: Alex Cross (1)

English (105)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All (107)
Along Came A Spider was the very first James Patterson novel that I'd ever read, as my husband had insisted on my reading it. And am I glad that I did.

Terrifyingly brilliant in plot, loaded with action and suspense, and well-rounded in character development (I fell madly in love with Alex Cross), Along Came A Spider, the first of the Alex Cross series, is a true Patterson masterpiece. I was a fan from there on...

It (the chaos) all starts when Washington, D.C. homicide investigator (Cross) is in the process of investigating the deaths, or murders, if you please, of three people—all African American: two prostitutes and a baby. After that, all hell breaks loose, as they like to say, and Alex Cross finds himself in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse with a brutal murderer, kidnapper, and sociopath named Gary Murphy, who's also suspected in the kidnappings of two rich, white children, among other yet unsolved murders in the Washington area. I could go on and on, but to do so will result in my giving away too much more. Nada.

Along Came A Spider, the first of many more Alex Cross action-packed thrillers to come, is a five-star must-read, guaranteed to keep you engrossed from page to page. ( )
  CatEllington | May 5, 2017 |
Honestly for a good bit of the book I was thinking why is this so popular. Then somewhere along it just clicked and became really good. I have a thing for psychology. I enjoyed when it got into all of that. And then of course the twists toward the end were nice. I will continue with this series for sure. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
was a ok book im not really into james Patterson books
  KimSalyers | Oct 1, 2016 |
This is my second James Patterson, the first being When the Wind Blows. I must be in the minority because I prefer When the Wind Blows over Along Came a Spider. I think this difference is that I wasn't crazy about the narrator in this one. His matter-of-fact tone made this book seem less thriller-ish. I still enjoy James Patterson and his writing style. I can see that he's going to be a very dependable author for me in the future. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bentolila, D. N.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bihari, Györgysecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Charles TurnerNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cumpstey, MichaelReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
David, KeithReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sappinen, Jorma-VaikkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The Charles Lindbergh farmhouse glowed with bright, orangish lights.
This is a collection of 18 novels, please do *not* combine this with any other collections.

ISBN 0446692638 is just for Along Came a Spider.

The crimes of the century.
The manhunt of the century.
The trial of the century.

Gary Soneji is a beloved teacher at an elite Washington private school. Soneji is also the murderous serial kidnapper who calls himself Son of Lindbergh, a human monster of such cunning that all of Washington's law enforcement armies can't outsmart him--even after he's been captured.

Alex Cross is a black D.C. homicide detective with a Ph.D. in psychology. He has one obsession--a forbidden love afair with the white female supervisor of Washington's Secret Service. And he has one mission--find what powers Gary Soneji's madness before the elusive terror strikes all too close to home.

The classic thriller that launched the Alex Cross series, the #1 detective series of the past twenty-five years!

A missing little girl named Maggie Rose . . . a family of three brutally murdered in the projects of Washington, D.C. . . . the thrill-killing of a beautiful elementary school teacher . . . a psychopathic serial kidnapper/murderer who is so terrifying that the FBI, the Secret Service, and the police cannot outsmart him - even after he's been captured.

Gary Soneji wants to commit the crime of the century. Alex Cross is the brilliant homicide detective pitted against him. Jezzie Flanagan is the first female supervisor of the Secret Service who completes one of the most unusual suspense triangles in any thriller you have ever read.

Alex Cross and Jezzie Flanagan are about to have a forbidden love affair--at the worst possible time for both of them. Because Gary Soneji is playing at the top of his game. The latest of the unspeakable crimes happens in Alex Cross's precinct. It happens under the noses of Jezzie Flanagan's men. Now Alex Cross must face the ultimate test: How do you outmaneuver a brilliant psychopath?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:56 -0400)

Washington, D.C., police detective Alex Cross becomes caught up in a kidnapping case that may involve Gary Soneji, a teacher at an elite private school who is also a schizophrenic psychopath and serial murderer.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,463,553 books! | Top bar: Always visible