Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross) by James…

Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross) (edition 2003)

by James Patterson

Member:Gracelovsbks
Title:Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross)
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2003), Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, read in 2012, e-NYPL

Along Came a Spider by James Patterson

Recently added bynetedt, private library, Kazzabookworm, areadingmachine, LindyLou87, Spalding, PhxDan

English (80)  French (1)  All languages (81)
Incredible! Mostly Murder says, "Patterson has created a fast-moving, character-driven roller coaster of a thriller. The best thrillers leave the reader thinking about what scares them besides the obvious." Patterson creates sheer terror between the pages of his novel with his portrayal of a psychopathic serial killer. The novel is to terror as the television shows of "Dexter" and/or "Criminal Minds". I can watch neither show. They're too 'dark' for me. And each time I read a James Patterson novel, I tell myself never again. But if there are long intervals between I seem to drift back to his suspenseful thrillers placing my hope that justice will prevail and the world will be safe for another night's reading. And if I start one of his novels, I will be unable to stop reading until the final period. ( )
  Corduroy7 | Aug 6, 2014 |
I liked it. I couldn't help but think of Morgan Freeman as Alex Cross, though, and was trying to picture other guys (besides Tyler Perry) in that role in the upcoming Alex Cross film. Idris Elba? Boris Kodjoe?
  mzundercover | Apr 26, 2014 |
  mzundercover | Apr 26, 2014 |
I have read 8 James Patterson books and many of them had the killers POV somewhere in the book which I am very fond of. This book did it the best thus far. I felt like I was two steps ahead of Alex Cross and I'm trying not to yell at the book "NO YOU'VE GOT IT ALL WRONG, THIS IS ACTUALLY WHAT HE IS DOING." I also liked that Patterson knew exactly where to cut off the killers POV so we could be in the dark and have to wait until the truth was revealed. The characters were well thought out and well written and I can't wait to read more from this series. The thing that I liked most about this book and that I will like about this series is that the main character is a POC. ( )
  beearedee | Mar 18, 2014 |
Very good! Really exciting. I suppose I'm going to have to read a lot more of Alex Cross! ( )
  GTTexas | Feb 22, 2014 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bentolila, D. N.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sappinen, Jorma-VaikkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The Charles Lindbergh farmhouse glowed with bright, orangish lights.

Excellent detective mystery! I would highly recommend this books with the character, Alex Cross to family and friends.

The classic thriller that launched the Alex Cross series, the #1 detective series of the past twenty-five years!

A missing little girl named Maggie Rose . . . a family of three brutally murdered in the projects of Washington, D.C. . . . the thrill-killing of a beautiful elementary school teacher . . . a psychopathic serial kidnapper/murderer who is so terrifying that the FBI, the Secret Service, and the police cannot outsmart him - even after he's been captured.

Gary Soneji wants to commit the crime of the century. Alex Cross is the brilliant homicide detective pitted against him. Jezzie Flanagan is the first female supervisor of the Secret Service who completes one of the most unusual suspense triangles in any thriller you have ever read.

Alex Cross and Jezzie Flanagan are about to have a forbidden love affair--at the worst possible time for both of them. Because Gary Soneji is playing at the top of his game. The latest of the unspeakable crimes happens in Alex Cross's precinct. It happens under the noses of Jezzie Flanagan's men. Now Alex Cross must face the ultimate test: How do you outmaneuver a brilliant psychopath?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:11 -0400)

Washington, D.C., police detective Alex Cross becomes caught up in a kidnapping case that may involve Gary Soneji, a teacher at an elite private school who is also a schizophrenic psychopath and serial murderer.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,118,077 books! | Top bar: Always visible