Le Masque de l'araignée by James…

Le Masque de l'araignée (edition 1995)

by James Patterson

Member:TwistedMentat
Title:Le Masque de l'araignée
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Le Livre de Poche (1995), Poche, 379 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:alex cross, serial killer, crime fiction

Along Came a Spider by James Patterson

Recently added byAcmStruga, private library, ISKLibrary, chrisreyes2316, ljec, kathytapia

English (79)  French (1)  All languages (80)
I liked it. I couldn't help but think of Morgan Freeman as Alex Cross, though, and was trying to picture other guys (besides Tyler Perry) in that role in the upcoming Alex Cross film. Idris Elba? Boris Kodjoe?
  mzundercover | Apr 26, 2014 |
  mzundercover | Apr 26, 2014 |
I have read 8 James Patterson books and many of them had the killers POV somewhere in the book which I am very fond of. This book did it the best thus far. I felt like I was two steps ahead of Alex Cross and I'm trying not to yell at the book "NO YOU'VE GOT IT ALL WRONG, THIS IS ACTUALLY WHAT HE IS DOING." I also liked that Patterson knew exactly where to cut off the killers POV so we could be in the dark and have to wait until the truth was revealed. The characters were well thought out and well written and I can't wait to read more from this series. The thing that I liked most about this book and that I will like about this series is that the main character is a POC. ( )
  beearedee | Mar 18, 2014 |
Very good! Really exciting. I suppose I'm going to have to read a lot more of Alex Cross! ( )
  GTTexas | Feb 22, 2014 |
For some reason, I stopped reading this series around book 9 or 10. I've continued to purchase them as they are released and my wife has read them all, so I decided that the best thing to do was to start over from the beginning.

This was actually the second Alex Cross (and James Patterson) book that I read. For some reason, I read Kiss the Girls shortly after it's release. I distinctly remembered that Along Came a Spider had a very different feel from Kiss the Girls and most of Patterson's later works.

Turns out, I remembered correctly. Along Came a Spider still has a lot of the Patterson feel to it, but it seems to move at a bit slower pace than his subsequent novels. Don't get me wrong there is still plenty of action and lots of plot twists, it just seems that Patterson let's things take a little more time to develop.

Overall, I thought that it was a really good book. Patterson's works will never be mistaken for high-brow literature, but they are fun to read and you never quite know where he's going to take you. This novel does a great job of introducing Alex Cross & Co. and the villain is one of his best. ( )
  StefanY | Dec 2, 2013 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bentolila, D. N.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sappinen, Jorma-VaikkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The Charles Lindbergh farmhouse glowed with bright, orangish lights.

Excellent detective mystery! I would highly recommend this books with the character, Alex Cross to family and friends.

The classic thriller that launched the Alex Cross series, the #1 detective series of the past twenty-five years!

A missing little girl named Maggie Rose . . . a family of three brutally murdered in the projects of Washington, D.C. . . . the thrill-killing of a beautiful elementary school teacher . . . a psychopathic serial kidnapper/murderer who is so terrifying that the FBI, the Secret Service, and the police cannot outsmart him - even after he's been captured.

Gary Soneji wants to commit the crime of the century. Alex Cross is the brilliant homicide detective pitted against him. Jezzie Flanagan is the first female supervisor of the Secret Service who completes one of the most unusual suspense triangles in any thriller you have ever read.

Alex Cross and Jezzie Flanagan are about to have a forbidden love affair--at the worst possible time for both of them. Because Gary Soneji is playing at the top of his game. The latest of the unspeakable crimes happens in Alex Cross's precinct. It happens under the noses of Jezzie Flanagan's men. Now Alex Cross must face the ultimate test: How do you outmaneuver a brilliant psychopath?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:11 -0400)

Washington, D.C., police detective Alex Cross becomes caught up in a kidnapping case that may involve Gary Soneji, a teacher at an elite private school who is also a schizophrenic psychopath and serial murderer.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,696,521 books! | Top bar: Always visible