Le Masque de l'araignée by James…

Le Masque de l'araignée (edition 1995)

by James Patterson

Member:TwistedMentat
Title:Le Masque de l'araignée
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Le Livre de Poche (1995), Poche, 379 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:alex cross, serial killer, crime fiction

Along Came a Spider by James Patterson

English (86)  French (1)  All languages (87)
I have read 8 James Patterson books and many of them had the killers POV somewhere in the book which I am very fond of. This book did it the best thus far. I felt like I was two steps ahead of Alex Cross and I'm trying not to yell at the book "NO YOU'VE GOT IT ALL WRONG, THIS IS ACTUALLY WHAT HE IS DOING." I also liked that Patterson knew exactly where to cut off the killers POV so we could be in the dark and have to wait until the truth was revealed. The characters were well thought out and well written and I can't wait to read more from this series. The thing that I liked most about this book and that I will like about this series is that the main character is a POC. ( )
  beearedee | Feb 16, 2015 |
I wasn't a big fan of the writing style but the story was great. Looking forward to reading more in the series. ( )
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
Purely awful. Problems with continuity. Not believable. I listened to this and felt embarrassed for the reader. ( )
  njcur | Nov 12, 2014 |
I actually preferred the book over the movie. The suspense triangle in this book will leave you guessing until the end. ( )
  SSbooks | Nov 10, 2014 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bentolila, D. N.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sappinen, Jorma-VaikkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The Charles Lindbergh farmhouse glowed with bright, orangish lights.

Excellent detective mystery! I would highly recommend this books with the character, Alex Cross to family and friends.

The classic thriller that launched the Alex Cross series, the #1 detective series of the past twenty-five years!

A missing little girl named Maggie Rose . . . a family of three brutally murdered in the projects of Washington, D.C. . . . the thrill-killing of a beautiful elementary school teacher . . . a psychopathic serial kidnapper/murderer who is so terrifying that the FBI, the Secret Service, and the police cannot outsmart him - even after he's been captured.

Gary Soneji wants to commit the crime of the century. Alex Cross is the brilliant homicide detective pitted against him. Jezzie Flanagan is the first female supervisor of the Secret Service who completes one of the most unusual suspense triangles in any thriller you have ever read.

Alex Cross and Jezzie Flanagan are about to have a forbidden love affair--at the worst possible time for both of them. Because Gary Soneji is playing at the top of his game. The latest of the unspeakable crimes happens in Alex Cross's precinct. It happens under the noses of Jezzie Flanagan's men. Now Alex Cross must face the ultimate test: How do you outmaneuver a brilliant psychopath?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:11 -0400)

Washington, D.C., police detective Alex Cross becomes caught up in a kidnapping case that may involve Gary Soneji, a teacher at an elite private school who is also a schizophrenic psychopath and serial murderer.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,137,083 books! | Top bar: Always visible