The Lost Queen by Frewin Jones

The Lost Queen (2007)

by Frewin Jones

English (9)  German (1)  All languages (10)
Great Fey book for teens ( )
  CyndiGoodgame | Jul 23, 2013 |
This feels like a filler. While it passed a few hours, and I enjoyed it, I kind of felt guilty for not finishing my laundry. The prose didn't keep me engaged enough to block out the rest of the world; however, for the younger set this may not be a problem.

Still, while my frame of mind at the time of reading most likely affects my viewpoint, consider the following points: the villain is, and has been (from book one), obvious, and is now over-tired; the series' quest, far from over, is laid out like a map, and few plot points managed to 'hook' me; and the characterization is more two dimensional since the author established most people, places, and time-lines in the first volume, which makes them less engaging to the reader.

I hope future volumes contain writing more engaging with less mediocre pacing, not serving just to string one volume's events to another.

The Faerie Path, the first volume, showed promise. I don't like the idea of all that promise laying waste in exchange for commercial gain in meandering, unnecessary, filler volumes before the the story is truly finished. Yes, I will read the next book soon.

After all, I must give the bad guys time to regroup! ::grin:: ( )
  innogen | Sep 24, 2010 |
Innuendo: Just a few kisses. Nothing problematic at all

Violence: Nothing

Swearing: Nope

Drinking, Drugs, or Smoking: Again, No

Age Appropriate: 12 and up

Similar/Better books: Ella Enchanted, The Two Princesses of Bamarre, ( )
  I_recommend | Oct 20, 2009 |
Reviewed by Cat for TeensReadToo.com

Princess Tania and her true love, Edric, have returned from the Faerie Realm to find the missing queen Titania, but first must face Tania's mortal parents and the consequences of their three-day absence.

Forbidden from seeing Edric outside of school and play rehearsals for Romeo and Juliet, they prowl the streets of London seeking clues to her long-lost mother's whereabouts.

The threat of Tania's former betrothed haunts her nightmares, a pervading sense of unease plagues those she left behind in Faerie, and the shadows of her previous mortal lives begins to intrude regularly on everyday life. In a race against the clock, Tania and Edric may soon find their time has run out.

With clever details from classic English literature (i.e., a key character's business being located on Spenser Street - no doubt an allusion to Edmund Spenser, author of The Faerie Queene), mirroring the central romance of famed star-crossed lovers Romeo and Juliet, and drawing from a variety of mythologies, Frewin Jones weaves a tale that draws the reader in and jumps off the page.

THE LOST QUEEN is all at once sparkling and enchanting, yet darkly addictive. A great follow-up to THE FAERIE PATH that will definitely leave readers craving more. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 10, 2009 |
Tania and Edric return to the mortal world to locate Queen Titania, but that is the least of her worries. Her three day disappearance into the faerie realm, has left her parents in a whirlwind of despair and worry. There isn’t much surprise that when she returns home with a story of running off to find Evan that she is grounded. She may be in trouble with her parents but she still finds time to pursue the missing queen. Tania and Edric are able to locate the lost queen after they find that she is working for a law firm, but unfortunately she is away on business. Making contact with the lost queen takes a back seat when Tania’s sister appear in her bedroom and inform her of the doom that had fallen on the faerie realm. A doom that may crossing the realms to come after them.The Lost Queen is book two of the Faerie Path. I did enjoy this second installment, but I felt that the story was a little rushed. Everything just happened so quickly, I think it would have been better if the plot would have been more drawn out. I realize that this is a fantasy but some of the actions and decisions that Tania’s mortal parents made seemed a little bit to convenient to the plot. I mean really, if I ran off for three days and asked my parents to go to Florida for two weeks, they would laugh in my face. This book may not be as complex as some other stories that involve faerie references, but there is a strong enough pull for me to want to read the next book in the series, The Sorcerer King. ( )
1 vote the_story_siren | Jul 2, 2009 |
For Claudia
The van's horn blared loudly in the quiet of the early morning London streets: three short bursts followed by a cheery whistle from the driver.

Tania is a princess of Faerie. And now she must return to the Mortal World.

Once, Anita was an ordinary girl on the eve of her sixteenth birthday. Now she has assumed her true identity as Tania, the long-lost princess of the elegant Faerie court. She and her true love, Edric, must return to the Mortal World to seek her Faerie mother, Queen Titania, who disappeared hundreds of years ago searching for Tania. In London, Tania is torn between her mortal life and her new one. Dangers lurk, and Tania's two worlds soon collide in amazing and frightening ways she never could have anticipated . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:10 -0400)

After discovering her true identity as Princess Tania of the Faerie Realm, a sixteen-year old British girl returns to the Mortal World, in search of her mother, Queen Titania, who disappeared 500 years ago.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,992,276 books! | Top bar: Always visible