Katy and the Big Snow by Virginia Lee Burton

Katy and the Big Snow (original 1943; edition 1974)

by Virginia Lee Burton (Author)

Katy, a red crawler tractor, belonged to the Highway Department of the City of Geoppolis. She was not used in winter, however, until a huge snow storm snowed in the whole city. Then Katy plowed out everyone.
Member:christie311
Title:Katy and the Big Snow
Authors:Virginia Lee Burton (Author)
Info:HMH Books for Young Readers (1974), Edition: Stk, 40 pages

Katy and the Big Snow by Virginia Lee Burton (1943)

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
This was one of my daughter's favorite books! ( )
  Chrissylou62 | Aug 1, 2020 |
Katy, a brave and untiring tractor, who pushes a bulldozer in the summer and a snowplow in the winter, makes it possible for the townspeople to do their jobs.
  NMiller22 | Jul 20, 2019 |
A favourite around here. Includes interesting maps of the town as Katy uncovers it and discusses compass directions. ( )
  shanlouise | Nov 16, 2016 |
33 months - We have enjoyed many books from this author and I thought it would be fun to read a few more over the next couple of months I'm not sure O enjoyed this one as much as The Little House or Mike Mulligan (which we absolutely LOVE!). However this is a great book for introducing kids to maps. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,699,357 books! | Top bar: Always visible