Chester by Melanie Watt

Chester (edition 2009)

by Melanie Watt, Melanie Watt (Illustrator)

Series: Chester (1)

Authors:Melanie Watt
Other authors:Melanie Watt (Illustrator)
Info:Kids Can Press (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 32 pages
Tags:1st-3rd grd, easy, cats, mouse, comical

Chester by Melanie Watt

English (74)  Japanese (1)  All languages (75)
Great to use to use in the writing process when revising and editing
  Stacey_Nava | Nov 8, 2015 |
29 months - Not my favorite style of book, this would be a much better self read book than read aloud. O loves cats so she of course thinks Chester is cute and funny. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Chester is a cat who wants this book to be all about him. But, he should be careful what he wishes for! ( )
  kristinanairn | Oct 16, 2015 |
I enjoyed this story for a couple of reasons, but the biggest reason was the story itself. I really enjoyed how the author wrote the story with Chester the cat changing the story. I also like how the author differentiated her writing and Chester’s writing by using different colored text. I also enjoyed the illustrations in this story because they were fun and increase the engagement in the story. That is why I liked this picture book. ( )
  Ekelle8 | May 1, 2015 |
A funny, funny, laugh out loud book. Chester is a big, fat cat and his personality is even bigger. The illustrator creates an unoriginal dialogue in the with the authors words in black text and Chester's but ins with thick red marker scrawled across the pages. His character and personality come alive off the pages. The book has no real structure or story outcome it is all about Chester and that's what makes the book special. His interruptions and self esteem carry the book as reader's wonder what will he do next. He is a loveable cat that just may make non-readers love to read because they see themselves as a Chester. ( )
  crieder95 | Apr 16, 2015 |
For Marcos, Eva, Melina and Laya (crossed out)

For Chester because I couldn't have made this book without him. He's the smartest, most handsome cat in the world. I wish I could be lie him someday.
Once upon a time there was a mouse.

A self-centered cat named Chester keeps interrupting his owner as she tries to write a story about a mouse.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,868,651 books! | Top bar: Always visible