Chester by Melanie Watt

Chester (edition 2009)

by Melanie Watt, Melanie Watt (Illustrations)

Series: Chester (1)

Member:ElenaNikitina
Title:Chester
Authors:Melanie Watt
Other authors:Melanie Watt (Illustrations)
Info:Scholastic (2009), Broché, 32 pages
Rating:*****

Chester by Melanie Watt

English (60)  Japanese (1)  All languages (61)
Author Melanie Watt is trying to write a story about a mouse who lived in the country, but her obnoxious, self-centered cat wants the book to be about him. He writes all over her pages with a red marker in an attempt to steal the focus, as the two go back and forth trying to gain control of the story. Will Melanie get to finish writing her story of the mouse, or will Chester prevail as author of this book?

A charming book written and illustrated by Melanie Watt with a comical story line that will be enjoyed by children and adults alike. ( )
  lbblackwell | Jul 12, 2014 |
Great picture book of a cat who tries to take over the mouse's story and make it a book about himself. Z is for Moose is another of this genre that I loved. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
Darling, and creative book for a read aloud lesson from young readers. Chester the cat interrupts a sweet little mouse who attempts to tell a story. The cat takes over and tells how Melanie (the actual author) asks him to write a better story. Chester writes all about him! Melanie enters back into the story and takes a humorous spin on Chester, that we doesn't find so funny. This would be a great read aloud for teaching point of view. ( )
  KelseyDavison | Jan 13, 2014 |
I fell in love with Chester and his red marker by accident after I received a copy from the publisher. Now I tell everyone I know about the hilarious cat telling his version of the story. The other two books in the series are just as great. ( )
  shellwitte | Dec 11, 2013 |
This book is pretty good like when Chester covers a bunch of words like
Melenie watts side and the other stuff but really it's pretty good! ( )
  Legacy_Optic | Nov 25, 2013 |
For Marcos, Eva, Melina and Laya (crossed out)

For Chester because I couldn't have made this book without him. He's the smartest, most handsome cat in the world. I wish I could be lie him someday.
Once upon a time there was a mouse.

A self-centered cat named Chester keeps interrupting his owner as she tries to write a story about a mouse.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,152,082 books! | Top bar: Always visible